Page 140 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1514
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    C`mon, it was just 1 point, Ogier was clearly faster than Evans and fought hard for that place. PS scheme also means that its tighter at the front, again, good for the sport. We saw that several drivers had to fight too hard for place at the end of Top10, all capable of winning it. If something, then it was that 6 km of unploghed snow and the question, whether WRC priority cars should contest together with historic class, as they are too different and create a big mess. Big effort from drivers, mechanics...teams in general, lots of money spent, stupid fans across the world calling them worthless, car brand worthless etc. Now that`s not honest.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    But they braking rally as a friendly sport, where all respect each other.
    Who said they are not friends and don't respect each other? Competition is one thing, friendship and respect another. I can give You plenty of examples from other sports - for instance in cycling a rider is "hiding" behind someone else in his air stream to save energy for later, in circuit racing we have similar situation with chasing driver use air stream from the front driver to overtake him, this is completely normal and no one had ever complained about it, it is just how the way it is, You find Your best position for You at this moment.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 18th February 2018 at 22:05.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 40 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I assume you’ve only just started following rallying?
    It’s perfectly normal, especially when it’s 99% more likely that one driver will out perform and our score the other during a year.
    No. There was just 1point on the table and I never thought Msport makes such a decision so early in season. I know that Evans is 100% second driver, but come on let him also collect some points. Ok this 1 point could be important for Ogier in the end of season MAYBE. But Ogier starting later to powerstage and now this 1 point from Evans, looks funny and shows that Ogier is very scared allready now not to take the 6th title? Interesting 2018 season ahead!

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I think the situation depends greatly on whether the whole thing was orchestrated or of Ogier helped himself without telling the team. In the first case it's only fair for Evans to receive another penalty to give Ogier his place back, but if Ogier acted alone it's not right to push Evans back again.

On a related note, might the Fiesta be the slowest car this year? The Yaris has the speed to tussle with the i20's and the C3, while difficult to drive, has been doing well. The Fiesta hasn't set the world on fire with it's speed so far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I think the situation depends greatly on whether the whole thing was orchestrated or of Ogier helped himself without telling the team. In the first case it's only fair for Evans to receive another penalty to give Ogier his place back, but if Ogier acted alone it's not right to push Evans back again.
    I don't think Evans will have anything against that decision in any case. Ogier was clearly faster than him up to this point fair and square. It is only gain for the whole team to play tactics in this case.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (18th February 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts

On a related note, might the Fiesta be the slowest car this year? The Yaris has the speed to tussle with the i20's and the C3, while difficult to drive, has been doing well. The Fiesta hasn't set the world on fire with it's speed so far.
    Imo it has as much to do with Ogier being the only top driver in fiesta on both rallies.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Imo it has as much to do with Ogier being the only top driver in fiesta on both rallies.
    Define top driver? Suninen did very well albeit with mistakes, as would be expected (very much like a new Latvala).

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    I love that some of you guys live in a bubble where rally is a "novel sport". Maybe you are too young to remember in the 90s drivers delibarately dropping time in the final stage of each day so as to not be cleaning the road the next morning. Flexing the rules was and will always be part of the sport (or any sport).

10. Likes: cali (18th February 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Define top driver? Suninen did very well albeit with mistakes, as would be expected (very much like a new Latvala).

My definition:
    Regularly can score top 3 times atm.

Right now these are (in no particular order): Ogier, Neuville, Tanak, Latvala, Mikkelsen, (and almost Lappi), Meeke (as a driver, but C3+Meeke combo doesn't count)

12. Likes: er88 (19th February 2018)
    May be too early to judge that (it seems new evolution is coming in next rallies or so), last year was a similar situation, Hyundai was faster right from the start at Monte and continued to do so in Sweden, where we also saw the Toyota potential, Ogier IIRC was struggling quite a lot in Sweden last year. For sure it was the most reliable car throughout the year. If they can bring the consistency with better performance, nothing to worry about.