Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Wait! you guys "like" what I say? About "winning" the transit from spectator area?
    I was in a Citroen...Like this:

And like this weekend I choose tarmac tires, almost slicks.... (to a cop you say ''Hur så utsliten? Det finns knappt en repa på dom''...which is more or less ''How do you mean worn out? There hardly a mark on them''

God I hope I didn't create a scandal....I was driving a Citroen, I hope I didn't hurt their reputation and cause a loss of sales since I represented them by owning one and driving like that. (With a 1,3 motor you have to get close and hold the inside line. left turns were best because if I just drive tighter line I could get next to them in the corner...and they would give up so just a little throttle and complete the pass. left was good so I could see the edge of the road and see how much inside I could place the wheels..)
    Oh my! You should have your license revoked! We can't have that on the roads!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Wait! you guys "like" what I say? About "winning" the transit from spectator area?
    I was in a Citroen...Like this:

And like this weekend I choose tarmac tires, almost slicks.... (to a cop you say ''Hur så utsliten? Det finns knappt en repa på dom''...which is more or less ''How do you mean worn out? There hardly a mark on them''

God I hope I didn't create a scandal....I was driving a Citroen, I hope I didn't hurt their reputation and cause a loss of sales since I represented them by owning one and driving like that. (With a 1,3 motor you have to get close and hold the inside line. left turns were best because if I just drive tighter line I could get next to them in the corner...and they would give up so just a little throttle and complete the pass. left was good so I could see the edge of the road and see how much inside I could place the wheels..)
    Such a behaviour! I might report you to AnttiK7.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

3. Likes: maailmameister (1st February 2018)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyros View Post
    can i ask something?the road positition on the first 2 days play a role?are there any road cleaning?
    Thanks.
    It's not easy to say, if there is a snowfall right before the start, it will be a disadvantage starting first, if it snows during the stage, it's all depending on how much it snows. If the roads are completely clean, it can be an advantage running first. There was a couple of years with VW where Ogier complained about running first in Sweden, but the fact was, he had the best conditions. As the roads were solid, no snow on top, and for each car that passed, the studs ripped out some ice"dust" that made it slightly worse for the next car.

5. Likes: cali (1st February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by CivEngine View Post
    Maybe it's a bit of 'off topic' what I'm gonna say but...

This will be my first time in Rally Sweden and as I am from southern europe I'm pretty afraid about the weather and, specifically, the COLD weather. So here I go, Which kind of wardrobe I need to bring in order not to get a flu? Thanks in advance.
    I use my alpine-clothing with long underwear. So, I pair up

With

And jump in to these shoes

Jacket-wise it depends on the temperature really, I tend to carry two just in case. And of course a beanie or something to keep your head warm.
    While the pants can look and feel like they will get to hot, I find that the alpine/snowboard pants are extremely comfortable to wear, they also tend to have many small zippers you can open up to get a bit of air in (not directly to your underwear, but opening up the outer layer of the clothing). And this way you will avoid overheating and sweating.

It's also a bit better to start out without the warmest clothes (if you have more stuff with you). As it is easier to realize that you will get a bit cold, and put on something a bit thicker/warmer. Than if you start out with too much clothing, and start to sweat. That sweat will get cold, and then it doesn't matter what you do, if you remove clothes to get normal temperature, or put on more clothes, you will stay cold due to the sweat.

On the bright side though. It's a myth that you get a cold/flu from being cold. You need to be in contact with the virus. So being cold is just not a good feeling, but it won't make you sick. If you have contacts with loads of people and so on, you will have a bigger risk, but just from being cold, you won't get sick!

Lastly, welcome to the snowy rally, do you know that stages you will go to?

7. Likes: CivEngine (2nd February 2018),pantealex (1st February 2018)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Drinking beer in same can as your mates is not troublefree either for getting a cold. Even worse drinking from a complete strangers can. Can be a lot of that, meeting other fans out on stages!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
    In addition to double socks, I have been using those single use toe warmers between the socks at Rally Sweden: https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Toe-.../dp/B0007ZF4PE
    They have also set for gloves which I used too some times when there was windchill: https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Hand...ZM2Y2E9D1E1S04
    I'm sure each fisherman shop is selling them all around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by STI69 View Post
    In addition to double socks, I have been using those single use toe warmers between the socks at Rally Sweden: https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Toe-.../dp/B0007ZF4PE
    They have also set for gloves which I used too some times when there was windchill: https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Hand...ZM2Y2E9D1E1S04
    I'm sure each fisherman shop is selling them all around the world.
    Yup, I actually don't use double socks, or woolen socks. Just a bit thick normal ones.
    These heatpads does work for heat, just again, be careful to not get so hot that you start to sweat, or use so many that your body decided to cool down from "overheating"

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    In case you are wondering about the snow conditions this gives current map with updates each day (including history) and forecasts, it's for Norway but covers the whole rally area.

http://www.senorge.no/?p=senorgeny&m...30&fh=0%3B2468

(use the switches on left)

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Makinen added that he was already looking forward to going up against Ogier on ground more familiar for Toyota.
    “It’s tougher for Ogier to win in Sweden, this is our territory,” he said. “Our drivers are thinking this: we know Sweden, we compare last year’s car and we know where we are – we are stronger. The others are too, but we know where we are. We compare last year’s suspension parts, for example, and we know the work we have done since last year, it’s a lot better now.

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-says-makinen/

13. Likes: Hartusvuori (1st February 2018),pantealex (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Certainly Sweden and Finland are the two rallies where Toyota is likely to be the strongest. Just like last year when they won both events.
    That said last year after Sweden they had 4 rallies without podium (all due to being too slow) and after Finland they again were not on podium for last 4 rallies (only good pace was in Australia).

15. Likes: pantealex (2nd February 2018),satukata (1st February 2018),steve.mandzij (1st February 2018)