Page 18 of 152 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye-vid View Post
    Yeah, we are not going on slicks there
    You can always order new shoes for the car for one weekend of the year
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satukata View Post
    Toyota will be really strong in Sweden. They have been testing so much on snow this winter! All drivers test 4days atleast! Tomorrow I´m going to follow JM test near Jyväskylä. it's really a big advantage that they get tested without any restriction in the Jyväskylä area.

I think Latvala is strong favourite for win but Ott can make 2nd surprise. If there is lot of snow in friday stages can Lappi be leader friday night. 7th starting position is so big advantage. Very interesting rally comeing.. Can´t wait!
    One thing is a bit worrying to me:

Without knowing exactly it seems testing in Finland was on snow with much gravel on surface. I´m sure there will be more of black ice under the snow cover on the Rally Sweden stages than on testing in Finland.

So what could it mean? Maybe surprisingly more slippery to JML, OT and Lappi. I don´t know. Hope not of course.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also in TDC, Latvala was fourth and won the power stage
    In 2018 Monte Meeke finished 4th and won the power stage Relatively similar.

Imo it's quite clear that in 2017 M-Sport had allround the best car, they were clearly fighting in top 3 on every rally.

Hyundai was 2nd best with lack of consistent pace in Finland and Spain (on tarmac).
    Toyota would come after with Mexico, Argentina, (Poland - in dry conditions), Germany, Spain, GB to name a few.
    With Citroen it's easier to count where they actually were competitive and you get 4 rallies.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    One thing is a bit worrying to me:

Without knowing exactly it seems testing in Finland was on snow with much gravel on surface. I´m sure there will be more of black ice under the snow cover on the Rally Sweden stages than on testing in Finland.

So what could it mean? Maybe surprisingly more slippery to JML, OT and Lappi. I don´t know. Hope not of course.
    I haven't been at the tests on site either, but... It's been relatively same weather in Central Finland as it've been in Varmländ region. From mid December to mid January subzero temps, few days with proper minus temps. Last week it went above zero for a day, melted a lot of snow, but that all froze again the next night, so I'd suppose those test roads have had some ice too on top of that concrete hard frozen gravel.

Regarding surprises, Latvala have won 4 out last 9 Rally Sweden's, so...
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

5. Likes: pantealex (2nd February 2018),satukata (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I haven't been at the tests on site either, but... It's been relatively same weather in Central Finland as it've been in Varmländ region. From mid December to mid January subzero temps, few days with proper minus temps. Last week it went above zero for a day, melted a lot of snow, but that all froze again the next night, so I'd suppose those test roads have had some ice too on top of that concrete hard frozen gravel.

Regarding surprises, Latvala have won 4 out last 9 Rally Sweden's, so...
    Just a reflection of the videos I saw. I hope JML wins again. Would be nice.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: satukata (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    I was watching JM test today. Road condition was great. Full ice and nice snowbank and no gravel..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-357CsI-YkY

JM was in good feeling!

9. Likes: A FONDO (2nd February 2018),Rally Power (2nd February 2018),Rallyper (3rd February 2018)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    "SS Röjden & SS Svullrya Temprature- 10C and BIG snowbanks!"

https://twitter.com/RallySweden/stat...20992460427265
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

11. Likes: cali (3rd February 2018)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    "SS Röjden & SS Svullrya Temprature- 10C and BIG snowbanks!"

https://twitter.com/RallySweden/stat...20992460427265
    Thing is, because of the mild period 1,5 weeks ago the snowbanks on the Norwegian side are rock-hard. So most likely it won't be very good idea to lean against them for the new WRCs with "soft" carbon sidepods on the rear.
    You don't exactly see drivers leaning on armco guardrails either.

13. Likes: AnttiL (3rd February 2018),Rallyper (3rd February 2018)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Thing is, because of the mild period 1,5 weeks ago the snowbanks on the Norwegian side are rock-hard. So most likely it won't be very good idea to lean against them for the new WRCs with "soft" carbon sidepods on the rear.
    You don't exactly see drivers leaning on armco guardrails either.
    All those are from the Swedish side, it was closed by the border in the north tonight. Funny how they clear the roads different on the Swedish side both on the main road and in the forest, it's not so straight in Norway and not that hard, it was a bit hard finding good place since you don't see much this year. Video coming from the old Finnskogen stage at Rally Finnskog today close to Svullrya and Røjden.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/se/to...692?view=table

Forecast indicating the weather is staying below 0 for the next two weeks with fresh snowfall forecasted just before the rally starts. That would mean a huge disadvantage for Ogier.