Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CivEngine View Post
    Maybe it's a bit of 'off topic' what I'm gonna say but...

This will be my first time in Rally Sweden and as I am from southern europe I'm pretty afraid about the weather and, specifically, the COLD weather. So here I go, Which kind of wardrobe I need to bring in order not to get a flu? Thanks in advance.
    I remember one Rallye Monte Carlo, where one friend from Madeira was with us. He was completely unprepared with cloths, for first time he saw the snow... ...and survire I can only recommend proper clothes - thermal underwear, winter shoes, winter trousers, winter coat, gloves, winter cap (you can buy an original one in Sweden too (http://rallysweden.com/wp-content/up...ch_staende.jpg).

2. Likes: cali (31st January 2018),CivEngine (31st January 2018),Hartusvuori (30th January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    And these things are really good to have, stops you from getting snow in your shoes, especially good to have this year together with wooly socks.
    https://www.gsport.no/produkt/142227...los+Gamasje+Jr.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 30th January 2018 at 21:02.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

4. Likes: CivEngine (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CivEngine View Post
    Maybe it's a bit of 'off topic' what I'm gonna say but...

This will be my first time in Rally Sweden and as I am from southern europe I'm pretty afraid about the weather and, specifically, the COLD weather. So here I go, Which kind of wardrobe I need to bring in order not to get a flu? Thanks in advance.
    Pluto answered already and I can second what he said. Dressing in layers is important. Long, thermal underwear, maybe a t-shirt and winter jacket + trousers is enough for walking from car to the spectating point. Something extra to wear when spectating, a fleece or a hoodie, it can be hours standing still. Woolly hat is a must (actually the official one is very good!), for hands gloves topped with mittens do the job. Good and warm shoes are the most important part - and a scarf.

Spectating in winter is a lot about proper gear. It gets unpleasant if you get really cold. Digging a camp in the snow or diģging rally cars out of snow helps! At least food don't go bad in warmth, it may freeze however. Atmosphere on Rally Sweden stages is always superb. I'd suggest avoiding the biggest spectator areas and find your own spot in the forest, share it with a few other fans and enjoy the winter days outside. I'm sure you'll love it.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th January 2018),cali (31st January 2018),CivEngine (31st January 2018),janvanvurpa (31st January 2018),Micke_VOC (5th February 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    In my opinion you can overact with everything else, but not with the shoes. When spectating a winter rally, one thing you just must have are proper winter shoes and wool socks, otherwise you're doomed.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: CivEngine (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),satukata (30th January 2018)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Do you have fotos from rally sweden stages.. Interesting to see snow conditions...

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    About clothes.. Just don't use any cotton stuff (especially socks or t-shirts). If it gets wet, it gets cold.

Pretty warm is merino woll. It keeps you warm even if it's wet. But expensive (=worth it).

Good shoes (Kamik i.e, or some goretex) to keep your feet dry and warm.

Cheers

11. Likes: CivEngine (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, a question to Sweden-goers from more warm regions than the North: How much money you invest in proper winter clothing for the event or do you have all this ready in your closets?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

13. Likes: pantealex (31st January 2018),rallye-vid (31st January 2018)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satukata View Post
    Do you have fotos from rally sweden stages.. Interesting to see snow conditions...
    Have a look at Rally Sweden Facebook and instagram pages
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

15. Likes: satukata (31st January 2018)
    Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye-vid View Post

Good shoes (Kamik i.e, or some goretex) to keep your feet dry and warm.

Cheers
    I can vouch for this brand. Winter boots serves me ten years already. With two pair of socks (one them wool socks) and these boots I have survived even minus 28 degrees quite well. I prefer model with removable inner boot which one is recommended to take out in evening to dry before next rally day.

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Just out of curiosity, a question to Sweden-goers from more warm regions than the North: How much money you invest in proper winter clothing for the event or do you have all this ready in your closets?
    New shoes (Kamik) 100€, some new merino stuff ~100€ and new trousers ~60€
    it's all about driving fast

18. Likes: Hartusvuori (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018)