Hybrid View

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    In my opinion you can overact with everything else, but not with the shoes. When spectating a winter rally, one thing you just must have are proper winter shoes and wool socks, otherwise you're doomed.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: CivEngine (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018),satukata (30th January 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    In my opinion you can overact with everything else, but not with the shoes. When spectating a winter rally, one thing you just must have are proper winter shoes and wool socks, otherwise you're doomed.
    Everybody thinks they are smart..But after living I don't know how many winters in Sweden I often say "OK you think you're smart and the brain is important...Try this: freeze your feet and tell me how well you can think."

On shoes....make sure there is plenty of room..Air is insulator...Try the shoes with the correct socks and feet not JAMMED in...If too small by 1/2 size it smooshes the wool....foot in contact with outside of shoe and you freeze foot and brain stops functioning.
    Brain stops functioning and you do stupid things. Like punching the gas on transits and getting a little sideways for 2 seconds.
    then there will be international scandals in the worlds press.

I say this as somebody who win the transit over 9 other cars leaving parking in Sweden spectator area back to main road... 15km and started maybe 10 position...by the last long downhill into 1st.. Handbrake turn for last ^ onto main road.....and first car I see coming other way was cop car. Thank god he don't see because Swedish Polis are specially chosen for extra low intelligence.....in other countries they would be in a nice comfortable place with rubber walls but there it is employment...they get very excited...be relentlessly cheerful, thank them for being very nice and helpful for explaining things and ask them LOTS of complicated questions---like directions, museum opening times, act very pleasant but stupid...(All Swedes think everybody else is some degree stupider..English -10%, Norwegians -90%, Finns -110%, everybody else even stupider...so make them happy)

So to review...good socks, maybe thin by the skin then THICK wool and lots of space.

And depending on temp, an umbrella...worst thing in the world is standing in snow on feet in the rain at +2-5*
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

4. Likes: Franky (31st January 2018),pantealex (31st January 2018),Rally Hokkaido (1st February 2018),rallye-vid (31st January 2018),Rallyper (31st January 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Everybody thinks they are smart..But after living I don't know how many winters in Sweden I often say "OK you think you're smart and the brain is important...Try this: freeze your feet and tell me how well you can think."

On shoes....make sure there is plenty of room..Air is insulator...Try the shoes with the correct socks and feet not JAMMED in...If too small by 1/2 size it smooshes the wool....foot in contact with outside of shoe and you freeze foot and brain stops functioning.
    Brain stops functioning and you do stupid things. Like punching the gas on transits and getting a little sideways for 2 seconds.
    then there will be international scandals in the worlds press.

I say this as somebody who win the transit over 9 other cars leaving parking in Sweden spectator area back to main road... 15km and started maybe 10 position...by the last long downhill into 1st.. Handbrake turn for last ^ onto main road.....and first car I see coming other way was cop car. Thank god he don't see because Swedish Polis are specially chosen for extra low intelligence.....in other countries they would be in a nice comfortable place with rubber walls but there it is employment...they get very excited...be relentlessly cheerful, thank them for being very nice and helpful for explaining things and ask them LOTS of complicated questions---like directions, museum opening times, act very pleasant but stupid...(All Swedes think everybody else is some degree stupider..English -10%, Norwegians -90%, Finns -110%, everybody else even stupider...so make them happy)

So to review...good socks, maybe thin by the skin then THICK wool and lots of space.

And depending on temp, an umbrella...worst thing in the world is standing in snow on feet in the rain at +2-5*
    Wait! you guys "like" what I say? About "winning" the transit from spectator area?
    I was in a Citroen...Like this:

And like this weekend I choose tarmac tires, almost slicks.... (to a cop you say ''Hur så utsliten? Det finns knappt en repa på dom''...which is more or less ''How do you mean worn out? There hardly a mark on them''

God I hope I didn't create a scandal....I was driving a Citroen, I hope I didn't hurt their reputation and cause a loss of sales since I represented them by owning one and driving like that. (With a 1,3 motor you have to get close and hold the inside line. left turns were best because if I just drive tighter line I could get next to them in the corner...and they would give up so just a little throttle and complete the pass. left was good so I could see the edge of the road and see how much inside I could place the wheels..)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Wait! you guys "like" what I say? About "winning" the transit from spectator area?

And like this weekend I choose tarmac tires, almost slicks.... (to a cop you say ''Hur så utsliten? Det finns knappt en repa på dom''...which is more or less ''How do you mean worn out? There hardly a mark on them''

God I hope I didn't create a scandal....I was driving a Citroen, I hope I didn't hurt their reputation and cause a loss of sales since I represented them by owning one and driving like that. (With a 1,3 motor you have to get close and hold the inside line. left turns were best because if I just drive tighter line I could get next to them in the corner...and they would give up so just a little throttle and complete the pass. left was good so I could see the edge of the road and see how much inside I could place the wheels..)
    Oh my! You should have your license revoked! We can't have that on the roads!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts

Such a behaviour! I might report you to AnttiK7.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: maailmameister (1st February 2018)