Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    how many points for killing a spectator ?? Paddon should have some extra points for that....
    Who suggested that? (other than you, that is).

2. Likes: AnttiL (3rd July 2017),HenryEST (5th July 2017),mknight (3rd July 2017),pantealex (3rd July 2017)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    itix/AnttiL I don't think anyone would believe that there is any malice or bad intention meant by this thread at all, it just seems to be in poor taste to some people. Even Dorna or someone publish a list of top crashers in MotoGP, but I can't say I agree with that either.

In any case
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Agree on Paddon(edited to suit), but disagree that the thread as such is useless. It paints a pretty clear picture of who looks after the equipment better. It is clear that some do it better than others.
    And also your (AnttiLs) post regarding Sordo.
    It is, as you say, clear that some look after their equipment better than others. Do we need a thread on it, or do we agree that anyone with half a brain and eyes in their head can work out who crashes and who does not.
    Also seems to be some confusion whether Evans went off in Sweden or not. Unless someone is prepared to trawl through all the footage, driver quotes, tweets and WRC text messages from every round so far it will be difficult to know who went off where and when.
    Last edited by Norm75; 3rd July 2017 at 14:48.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    itix/AnttiL I don't think anyone would believe that there is any malice or bad intention meant by this thread at all, it just seems to be in poor taste to some people. Even Dorna or someone publish a list of top crashers in MotoGP, but I can't say I agree with that either.

In any case
    And also your (AnttiLs) post regarding Sordo.
    It is, as you say, clear that some look after their equipment better than others. Do we need a thread on it, or do we agree that anyone with half a brain and eyes in their head can work out who crashes and who does not.
    Also seems to be some confusion whether Evans went off in Sweden or not. Unless someone is prepared to trawl through all the footage, driver quotes, tweets and WRC text messages from every round so far it will be difficult to know who went off where and when.
    Certainly neither malice nor ill intent.

The data is there for anyone to read on a comprehensive rally database like ewrc-results.com for instance. Here it is just compiled in a simpler format (and with fixed "weights" to various degrees of not being able to stay on the road).

I've already agreed that the tragic Paddon incident should not be here.

5. Likes: AnttiL (3rd July 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Paddon's accident should not be removed. That car was destroyed. The fact that a spectator was killed in the process makes no difference.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    That car wasn`t destroyed, it was pretty ok after the crash and has been in use by Hayden every single event. But i agree, what has been, has been and we can`t change that (and nobody is talking about the fatality and awarding points for it, just the off).

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Paddon's accident should not be removed. That car was destroyed. The fact that a spectator was killed in the process makes no difference.
    This is the kind of asinine statement that makes the basis of this thread so badly judged. You may not mean it but Paddon's accident becomes a statistic and the death of a person "makes no difference", might've made a bit of difference to his family and friends. That is what you said, no idea what you were thinking but read your post again and think about it. And even in the context of some stupid league table it's still an asinine statement.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Well said N.O.T. never thought I'd say that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Some random person must have typed that while he was unconscious or something...only way possible..No, there were no comments about dogs, sick or otherwise, no slurs about village drivers, no slagging anything--or everything Finnish.. all those sure signs it was a random post from a random person on a unattended laptop.
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 5th July 2017 at 18:00.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    There was very little damage to the car, they said if it wasn't for the spectator death they would have tipped the car back on its wheels and carried on.

Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    I don't think the topic should be removed in any case, nor Paddon's accident discounted. In the end it's a statistic of driver mistakes and their consequences on the competition and championship standings. ewrc has a finish % statistic, this is just a more detailed thing. Maybe not call it "fun" but interesting.

About the fatal accident: that is unfortunate and I don't think anyone meant any disrespect to that person or his family (except for NOT's comment about getting more points...). Motorsport is dangerous, people sometimes die, it doesn't mean you have to stop everything. The same people who are looking for and causing a disrespectful discussion are then complaining about it.

On topic: it's interesting Ogier is so close to Neuville, shows he's feeling pressure or is not yet used to the car?

12. Likes: sonnybobiche (5th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Something happened to Evans in sweden. He dropped from 7th to 12th place in one stage and massive amounts of time but no explanation or comments.
    Checked the highlights video, he went slightly to a snowbank and had a puncture, so that would be two points.