Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Liked 109 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    In the 2nd run I was at that left hand corner after the long straight towards the end of Hafren. Now comparing different videos... Tänak arrives at 197kph, exit 185kph. Paddon arrives at 191kph, exit 185kph. Latvala arrived at 198kph, exit speed around 170kph. Evans had 195kph before the corner. I remember in Monte Carlo there was a place where the cars were arriving on RPM limiter too. Quickest was Evans back then (205 or something close), Toyota's had 191kph. It all depends on the gearbox.
    I was towards the end of the straight, before the corner... wow, they were just a bit quick there ey?!

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    I was towards the end of the straight, before the corner... wow, they were just a bit quick there ey?!
    We were there also for the second run...The commitment was sensational, a couple without a lift.
    Did you notice David Llewellyn stood up there also?

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Lost the rhytm on the first night stage because started playing with lights and couldnt see anything, if you look at the stage times then it seems to me the fog got really bad just before the TOP4 drivers at that time, Ogier took risks and lost 12 secs to Latvala but Neuville, Tänak and Evans all lost 30 seconds whilst the guys who started earlier lost 10-13 seconds.

i cant agree he was nowhere after that, the next night stage he was third and all day sunday he was on the pace with just 1.0 seconds down on Neuville (day 3 results) before the power stage where he deliberately slowed down and lost 11.5 seconds
    we don't know also what Malcolm had asked.

4. Likes: cali (31st October 2017)
    Liked 109 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    We were there also for the second run...The commitment was sensational, a couple without a lift.
    Did you notice David Llewellyn stood up there also?
    No I didn't mate, but I did have a strange encounter with Gwyndaf Evans... I was parked at the bottom of the hill in my van (Hafren 2) and a motorhome had gone off the road, blocking the road. My van (although not parked badly) ended up being in the way because of where the motorhome had gone off the road and he basically turned up and organised everyone into trying to get the motorhome back on the road (he needed to be back to Deesside and he was in a hurry and stuck because of the road block). That didn't work so he started asking 'whose van this was'... got me to turn it round as much as I could then got a group together to bounce the back of the van round so it could go all the way for me to get out... crazy really and he just said "good work" and walked back to where his car was.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Lost the rhytm on the first night stage because started playing with lights and couldnt see anything, if you look at the stage times then it seems to me the fog got really bad just before the TOP4 drivers at that time, Ogier took risks and lost 12 secs to Latvala but Neuville, Tänak and Evans all lost 30 seconds whilst the guys who started earlier lost 10-13 seconds.

i cant agree he was nowhere after that, the next night stage he was third and all day sunday he was on the pace with just 1.0 seconds down on Neuville (day 3 results) before the power stage where he deliberately slowed down and lost 11.5 seconds
    I can tell you that I did separate forecast for the last two stages (normally it is not needed for GB afternoon). So, I told that there is light drizzle on both stages, no fog on SS16 and patchy fog on SS15. I also said that it is almost the same as in the morning but more patchy and just depends on the starting time. Some might be lucky, some not. I would say that it was slight underestimation. I guess that Ott set up the lights so that he took some kind of compromise but he should have put them even lower. It was just a question of luck and confidence. I looked all onboards and I can tell you that Neuville was just whining, Ogier drove like crazy and Ott was driving safely, but this is true that Ogier and Ott and Elfyn got the most of the fog and also a bit more for Neuville but not as bad. In conclusion, the fog was just in a very bad section for them. It was in a very fast section and it is very easy to loose 15-20 seconds there. Rember, this was the stage where they have put kind of anticutting boulders inside the corner... you dont want to loose the road there
    Last edited by bluuford; 30th October 2017 at 21:16.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

7. Likes: AnttiL (30th October 2017),cali (31st October 2017),dimviii (30th October 2017),EstWRC (30th October 2017),pantealex (31st October 2017),sindroms (31st October 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I looked all onboards and I can tell you that Neuville was just whining, Ogier drove like crazy and Ott was driving safely, but this is true that Ogier and Ott and Elfyn got the most of the fog and also a bit more for Neuville but not as bad.
    Some not-published Ogier onboard? The one on WRC+ is only from the camera mounted on the bumper so it's quite difficult to compare anything. And also quite hard to judge the off.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

10. Likes: GravelBen (31st October 2017)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    No I didn't mate, but I did have a strange encounter with Gwyndaf Evans... I was parked at the bottom of the hill in my van (Hafren 2) and a motorhome had gone off the road, blocking the road. My van (although not parked badly) ended up being in the way because of where the motorhome had gone off the road and he basically turned up and organised everyone into trying to get the motorhome back on the road (he needed to be back to Deesside and he was in a hurry and stuck because of the road block). That didn't work so he started asking 'whose van this was'... got me to turn it round as much as I could then got a group together to bounce the back of the van round so it could go all the way for me to get out... crazy really and he just said "good work" and walked back to where his car was.
    Yeah we saw the motorhome that had dropped in the ditch, we had gone back to the car for brew before it got extracted tho. That access road was a mess...

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier not just a fast driver also a fast mechanic !

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/octob...8--12-12-.html
    I kinda wonder how that works. If there's no brake disk in place, then whats stopping the pistons from comming out of the caliper and loosing brake pressure on at least 2 wheels? Or do they have 4 separate brake circuits nowadays?

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I kinda wonder how that works. If there's no brake disk in place, then whats stopping the pistons from comming out of the caliper and loosing brake pressure on at least 2 wheels? Or do they have 4 separate brake circuits nowadays?
    https://www.staubli.com/en/connector...rsports-sphba/

14. Likes: Munkvy (2nd November 2017)