Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 924
  1. #21
    Senior Member Mintexmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,803
    Like
    428
    Liked 658 Times in 351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I would presume that if this map of Myherin is correct, that the Pikes Peak section will be the official car park. As the usual one was in the west side of the stage that has been cut out.
    If you look at the OS map you'll see a lot of forest road that is accessed at Pont Rhygaled, that's where I'd expect the 'official car park'
    Kris Meeke on Fire -VW so terrified they quit!

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    48
    Like
    86
    Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts
    Where's a good area to stay that's convenient for accessing the main three days' stages? I can't handle another weekend of 5am foggy moorland drives in the dark
    Last edited by Jinu13; 18th July 2017 at 18:25.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,930
    Like
    426
    Liked 1,570 Times in 689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinu13 View Post
    Where's a good area to stay that's convenient for accessing the main three days' stages? I can't handle another weekend of 5am foggy moorland drives in the dark
    http://www.walesrallygb.com/document..._(24_June).pdf

    Bigger question at this point is probably what accommodation is left in the way of B&Bs etc. Tend to plonk ourselves in Dolgellau but you can't get anywhere too quickly in Wales.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    48
    Like
    86
    Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    http://www.walesrallygb.com/document..._(24_June).pdf

    Bigger question at this point is probably what accommodation is left in the way of B&Bs etc. Tend to plonk ourselves in Dolgellau but you can't get anywhere too quickly in Wales.
    Handy map thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed and look for B&Bs tomorrow, might have to sleep in the car parks! >_<

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    299
    Like
    103
    Liked 132 Times in 76 Posts
    Sorry to trouble seasoned WRGB veterans, however, does anyone know if to see the Shakedown, will I need to purchase a 'Day Pass'?

    Secondly, is viewing Shakedown and the Thursday evening stage realistically doable?

    Any help/advice much appreciated.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,930
    Like
    426
    Liked 1,570 Times in 689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Sorry to trouble seasoned WRGB veterans, however, does anyone know if to see the Shakedown, will I need to purchase a 'Day Pass'?

    Secondly, is viewing Shakedown and the Thursday evening stage realistically doable?

    Any help/advice much appreciated.
    There was a news release last week I think which said there's now a combined Thursday day pass for Shakedown and the SSS in the evening. You can pay on the gate for SD but I have to assume it's better value to get the day pass if you're doing both.

    Very doable to do both. Bags and bags of time in between.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  7. #27
    M-Sport WRC Champions '17 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,039
    Like
    1,703
    Liked 3,507 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Sorry to trouble seasoned WRGB veterans, however, does anyone know if to see the Shakedown, will I need to purchase a 'Day Pass'?

    Secondly, is viewing Shakedown and the Thursday evening stage realistically doable?

    Any help/advice much appreciated.
    Yes I wondered about SD... cant seem to find details on the website ?

    @tomhlord - the two stages are easily doable as they are morning and evening and fairly close together.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    299
    Like
    103
    Liked 132 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    There was a news release last week I think which said there's now a combined Thursday day pass for Shakedown and the SSS in the evening. You can pay on the gate for SD but I have to assume it's better value to get the day pass if you're doing both.

    Very doable to do both. Bags and bags of time in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yes I wondered about SD... cant seem to find details on the website ?

    @tomhlord - the two stages are easily doable as they are morning and evening and fairly close together.
    Thank you both, I shall go spectate Shakedown and in the evening, excellent.

    The only ticket online is just for the evening stage and no mention of Shakedown. Odd.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    299
    Like
    103
    Liked 132 Times in 76 Posts
    My last question is general advice on how early to get to stages please.

    Thinking of Sweet Lamb on the Friday, where first car is due at 11:18. Would we need to be there at 6am?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mintexmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,803
    Like
    428
    Liked 658 Times in 351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yes I wondered about SD... cant seem to find details on the website ?

    @tomhlord - the two stages are easily doable as they are morning and evening and fairly close together.
    Although having seen the venue for the evening stage I think I'll pass - Micky Mouse doesn't begin to describe it.
    Kris Meeke on Fire -VW so terrified they quit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •