Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Excuses? Why would you need an excuse when the car keeps breaking all the time, watch the Salou stage in Spain and I think you will understand how fed up with it he is.
    Wow you Norgs are easy to wind up! Sorry I am in a provocative mood because I can't make it to WRGB this year!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Just to inform those who don't know Wales. Parking is along forest approach roads. If you arrive early you can be very near the stage BUT you can also find that you are boxed in for the day. If you arrive late you can have up to 2 miles to walk into the stage. In that case if you leave after the WRC cars you must get back to your car, drive like crazy on roads with farmers / foresters etc who don't give a monkey's about rallying, in the way. You then arrive at the next stage 2 miles away rom the action at the closest you can get. The timings, apart from going to Dyfnant on Saturday, mean that it could be a lot of effort for no reward. On the other hand the Roger Albert Clark rally is a stage hoppers dream!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

3. Likes: AndyRAC (24th October 2017),Jeppe (25th October 2017),Jinu13 (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Nice way to stop drivers from cutting the corners Bit dangerous for taking the dump though.
    VIP toilets with great view. Anyway being so close to the rally cars I would sh.t myself, so moreover it is really practical.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

5. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 9,309 Times in 4,937 Posts
    Lovely conditions @OfficialWRC @WalesRallyGB 💦☔🤣 Friday stages #wet #muddy https://t.co/E43zhNpqfV

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Just to inform those who don't know Wales. Parking is along forest approach roads. If you arrive early you can be very near the stage BUT you can also find that you are boxed in for the day. If you arrive late you can have up to 2 miles to walk into the stage. In that case if you leave after the WRC cars you must get back to your car, drive like crazy on roads with farmers / foresters etc who don't give a monkey's about rallying, in the way. You then arrive at the next stage 2 miles away rom the action at the closest you can get. The timings, apart from going to Dyfnant on Saturday, mean that it could be a lot of effort for no reward. On the other hand the Roger Albert Clark rally is a stage hoppers dream!
    Same as in every rally here. We just have at least 4-5 access roads to stage. Almost always roadside parking. Same was in Poland this year because of rain at stupid spectators you couldn't use the field parking. You just had to run sometimes. Nothing really for hardcore spectator.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Same as in every rally here. We just have at least 4-5 access roads to stage. Almost always roadside parking. Same was in Poland this year because of rain at stupid spectators you couldn't use the field parking. You just had to run sometimes. Nothing really for hardcore spectator.
    There's no road side parking allowed here on the few suitably wide roads, the roads are operated as clearways with the Police removing parked vehicles. Even lay-bys are closed anywhere near to the stages. Most roads not used for official access are single track lanes, within a couple of miles of the stages these are largely blocked to vehicles without residents passes. This isn't a 'hardcore spectator' thing. On national rallies you can move around, on Rally GB, things are largely locked down in order to avoid traffic issues and are not helped by the geography of the area.

9. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017)
    Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Parking is indeed an issue at Wales Rally GB.
    The frustrating thing is always to walk past so many gaps where cars easily fit. What we did in the years we were there, is when you were stopped to park cause it was full, just wait in the car until the marshalls were gone and than continue driving towards to stage. Always somewhere you can park a rental haha.

11. Likes: satnav (24th October 2017)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Nothing to do with hardcore spectating. I Last speccied in 2015 on the saturday and due to the volume of spectator traffic i missed 2 stages. The nature of access roads do not allow swift movement between stages. This is why I feel its a mitake having it entirely in North Wales, the road networks in the south are much more suited to the large volumes of traffic.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Wow you Norgs are easy to wind up! Sorry I am in a provocative mood because I can't make it to WRGB this year!
    That should be an excuse we could excuse, don´t we Tor Andre?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

16. Likes: pantealex (24th October 2017)