Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Is anyone attempting to go to a morning running of Aberhirnant and both runnings of Dyfi?
    Nah. I honestly think you'd be better going to Dyfi early and walking to a really good spot without having a mad rush. It looks possible to do 3stages anyway though, as you can head from Dyfi to Dyfnant in the evening. Although it will be very busy I'd imagine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017)
    Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Is anyone attempting to go to a morning running of Aberhirnant and both runnings of Dyfi?
    I did give it a thought but a lot depends on what the traffic would be like and the access out from Aberhirnant and then you'd have a fair bit to go to the stage at Dyfi as you'd be one of the last there ..........

And I've decided on what er88 is doing , less hassel.....

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Right you are gents, the voices of reason appear to be winning out - only in GB!

Will target Gartheinog and Dyfnant then I guess.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Really annoyed. Was just away to order up two day passes for Saturday as I can now make that day as well as the Sunday (which I'd already paid for), but now see the Saturday day passes are "sold out". So instead of paying £28 for a pass and doing Dyfi ×2 and Dyfnant, that is now going to cost me 60quid on the day .

How can the day pass Etickets be sold out? Seems like purely just a way for them to make more money on the day by charging 30 quid a stage for parking.

Will maybe just do the one stage instead now. I'm not familar with the area so unfortunately dont know any of the other ways into the stages by avoiding the official car parks. Anyway, if in the off chance anyone on here has a Saturday day pass or two going spare, I'd be more than willing to pay for it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    I think the days of chasing the event around for me are over; I'm sticking to one repeated stage per day, and avoiding what is likely to be busy traffic on single carriage roads.
    Hafren, Dyfnant & Alwen/ Brenig. I know the timings make it possible to see 3 stages in a day - but I'm not sure i can be bothered with the hassle.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I think there will be a few horror stories this year with people trying to move about and car parks being full. I'm in agreement with everyone else really - pick a stage and stay there.

It does genuinely seem like the organisers are expecting bigger crowds this year, which would be in line with the rest of the championship. Wales just isn't really set up to deal with monster turnouts.

Sad to be missing the Thursday this year due to work - but will be on Hafren x2, Dyfi x2, Dyfnant and Alwen x2. All being well.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    I think I've settled on Shakedown/Service Park, Myherin x2, Dyfi x2 and the second run of Dyfnant and probably Gwydir on Sunday. I might do the finish in Llandudno, which I last did in 2013 but I'll see how the time goes. Only one run of Gwydir, but it can be done for free and Alwen last year was a bit too busy for my liking last year, some of the more causal spectators in there were a liability.

As for traffic, Saturday will be interesting... particularly for those who don't anticipate the likely traffic flow.

Anyway, can't wait! Struggling to prepare for the early starts though!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am thinking of doing Myherin 1st on Friday then doing newtown regroup then Hafren do you think this is possible with traffic?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://twitter.com/MadsOstberg/stat...08384918491136

Not the test we we're hoping for yday. Mainly on 2wd all day issues w diff & dampers. We fixed it eventually, but then the day was gone #WRC

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Have you ever tried to negotiate Newtown during WRGB - If you have, what the bloody hell makes you think it's a good idea; if you haven't take some friendly advice -DON'T.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

12. Likes: AndyRAC (24th October 2017),the sniper (24th October 2017)