Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Liked 7,360 Times in 3,432 Posts

Wales Rally GB‏
    We are somewhere special today. Media work with our latest British winner #WRGB #WRC

Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts
    Not sure if it was discussed before here, but what happened to Tanak? He was in the mix for second until Saturday night, and within a blink of an eye he was 1 minute off and 6th or 5th. Any mechanical or something? and after that he was nowhere in term of pace.

Liked 215 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Not sure if it was discussed before here, but what happened to Tanak? He was in the mix for second until Saturday night, and within a blink of an eye he was 1 minute off and 6th or 5th. Any mechanical or something? and after that he was nowhere in term of pace.
    Night stages, Latvala's salvation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

M-Sport 2x Champions 2017 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,484 Times in 1,881 Posts
    Ogier not just a fast driver also a fast mechanic !

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/octob...8--12-12-.html

6. Likes: AnttiL (30th October 2017)
    Liked 2,662 Times in 1,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Lost the rhytm on the first night stage because started playing with lights and couldnt see anything, if you look at the stage times then it seems to me the fog got really bad just before the TOP4 drivers at that time, Ogier took risks and lost 12 secs to Latvala but Neuville, Tšnak and Evans all lost 30 seconds whilst the guys who started earlier lost 10-13 seconds.

i cant agree he was nowhere after that, the next night stage he was third and all day sunday he was on the pace with just 1.0 seconds down on Neuville (day 3 results) before the power stage where he deliberately slowed down and lost 11.5 seconds
    Tšnak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

Liked 87 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    In the 2nd run I was at that left hand corner after the long straight towards the end of Hafren. Now comparing different videos... Tšnak arrives at 197kph, exit 185kph. Paddon arrives at 191kph, exit 185kph. Latvala arrived at 198kph, exit speed around 170kph. Evans had 195kph before the corner. I remember in Monte Carlo there was a place where the cars were arriving on RPM limiter too. Quickest was Evans back then (205 or something close), Toyota's had 191kph. It all depends on the gearbox.
    I was towards the end of the straight, before the corner... wow, they were just a bit quick there ey?!

Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    I was towards the end of the straight, before the corner... wow, they were just a bit quick there ey?!
    We were there also for the second run...The commitment was sensational, a couple without a lift.
    Did you notice David Llewellyn stood up there also?

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Lost the rhytm on the first night stage because started playing with lights and couldnt see anything, if you look at the stage times then it seems to me the fog got really bad just before the TOP4 drivers at that time, Ogier took risks and lost 12 secs to Latvala but Neuville, Tšnak and Evans all lost 30 seconds whilst the guys who started earlier lost 10-13 seconds.

i cant agree he was nowhere after that, the next night stage he was third and all day sunday he was on the pace with just 1.0 seconds down on Neuville (day 3 results) before the power stage where he deliberately slowed down and lost 11.5 seconds
    we don't know also what Malcolm had asked.

11. Likes: cali (31st October 2017)
    Liked 87 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    We were there also for the second run...The commitment was sensational, a couple without a lift.
    Did you notice David Llewellyn stood up there also?
    No I didn't mate, but I did have a strange encounter with Gwyndaf Evans... I was parked at the bottom of the hill in my van (Hafren 2) and a motorhome had gone off the road, blocking the road. My van (although not parked badly) ended up being in the way because of where the motorhome had gone off the road and he basically turned up and organised everyone into trying to get the motorhome back on the road (he needed to be back to Deesside and he was in a hurry and stuck because of the road block). That didn't work so he started asking 'whose van this was'... got me to turn it round as much as I could then got a group together to bounce the back of the van round so it could go all the way for me to get out... crazy really and he just said "good work" and walked back to where his car was.