Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I think that disqualification from the Grand Prix and a suspended race ban to be activated if he gets up to anything like that again would have been appropriate.
    Time is the enemy.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Some of you are over reacting.. just slightly!
    Yes, it was poor behaviour but c'mon guys, a season ban?... seriously?
    Ask yourself if you would be saying the same if Lewis had done it...

Nah, black flagged and six penalty points would be my recommendation.
    I think Hamilton would had a ton of bricks drop on his head if he had done the Vetbang. Ok a season ban would have been too much, but something more than a ten second stop and go was called for. And l think Martin Brundle was well wrong on this one and surprisingly so.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: truefan72 (27th June 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Here's a stir for you .
    I'm with JV when he says that he'd rather see Vettel and his anger at low speed , than hear Lewis ask if there's anything that Bottas can do to slow Seb down .
    There's a shock, the supposedly unbiased Bagwan sides against Hamilton in the only way he possibly could 😂

5. Likes: truefan72 (27th June 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Hamilton would had a ton of bricks drop on his head if he had done the Vetbang. Ok a season ban would have been too much, but something more than a ten second stop and go was called for. And l think Martin Brundle was well wrong on this one and surprisingly so.
    Yeah I notice the usual Vettel tifosi are quiet. Interesting how some people see it as okay because it was at such slow speed. The speed is irrelevant. It's the action that matters.

I would be very disappointed had Hamilton done something like that. I don't think we ever have to worry about that happening though.

One of my biggest issues here is that there is and had been a very clear cut bias towards Vettel in the Stewards room for many years now. Every time it is possible for him to get a lenient call he usually gets and benefits from it. I find it all very convenient that news came through about Vettel's penalty just as it was clear Hamilton had to pit despite over 30 mins at least passing between the incident and the Stewards decision. At that time it was obvious that the differential for a penalty would be minimal and suddenly the penalty appears.

What opened on Sunday is the result of years of soft punishment and not being made to answer for things he had done. He'a petulant, spoiled and needs to be brought back down to earth with a bang.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Some of you are over reacting.. just slightly!
    Yes, it was poor behaviour but c'mon guys, a season ban?... seriously?
    Ask yourself if you would be saying the same if Lewis had done it...

Nah, black flagged and six penalty points would be my recommendation.
    I think everyone bar one has felt a black flag for the race would have been the correct punishment.
    Incidentally, adding 6 points to his license would have meant a race ban for Austria too. as he would have reached the 12 point threshold.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah I notice the usual Vettel tifosi are quiet. Interesting how some people see it as okay because it was at such slow speed. The speed is irrelevant. It's the action that matters.

I would be very disappointed had Hamilton done something like that. I don't think we ever have to worry about that happening though.

One of my biggest issues here is that there is and had been a very clear cut bias towards Vettel in the Stewards room for many years now. Every time it is possible for him to get a lenient call he usually gets and benefits from it. I find it all very convenient that news came through about Vettel's penalty just as it was clear Hamilton had to pit despite over 30 mins at least passing between the incident and the Stewards decision. At that time it was obvious that the differential for a penalty would be minimal and suddenly the penalty appears.

What opened on Sunday is the result of years of soft punishment and not being made to answer for things he had done. He'a petulant, spoiled and needs to be brought back down to earth with a bang.
    and it should not have taken that long to issue the penalty. Everyone, the media, commentators and the audience instantly knew what happened. and without the added benefit of additional replays and telemetry, and yet it took forever for the stewards to render a useless decision, which only served to benefit vettel.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I would say that a black flag for the Baku race, nothing beyond that, would have been proportionate.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Here's a stir for you .
    I'm with JV when he says that he'd rather see Vettel and his anger at low speed , than hear Lewis ask if there's anything that Bottas can do to slow Seb down .
    It is worth noting that earlier in the race he asked, on the radio, if he should slow down to allow Bottas to catch up to the rear.
    Seems like a team player, also in the request for Bottas to hold up Seb he did say "if he's not catching the guys in front"

FIA to investigate Vettel's actions in Baku
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...7-3426455.html

12. Likes: Duncan (28th June 2017),The Black Knight (28th June 2017)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    I'm thinking a 15 spot grid drop for Austria would satisfy my blood-lust for 'the evil one'. That, or just forfeit his points from Baku. Actually I think both are in order (it is a lesson he needs, to understand the impropriety of his action). He deserves at least one of the a fore mentioned punitive actions. Not even Mike or anyone else got away with that kind of behavior.
    Last edited by Tazio; 28th June 2017 at 02:48.
    May the forza be with you

14. Likes: The Black Knight (28th June 2017),truefan72 (28th June 2017)