Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    I admit Seb was in the wrong steering in to Lewis, the red mist was blinding him. But it was Lewis who started the incident. Just because you can´t throw the rulebook on him dosen´t mean he was not in the wrong. Lewis did this one wery nice.
    Unless the car trailing has passed the B-pillar, it is always 100% the fault of the car behind for running into the back of the car behind.

Lewis could have come to a complete stop and still would not be in the wrong. The car behind was travelling too close and failed to avoid an accident.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

2. Likes: Warriwa (8th July 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Lewis could have come to a complete stop and still would not be in the wrong. The car behind was travelling too close and failed to avoid an accident.
    Are you trying to apply the rules of the public highway to racing?

If Lewis had brake-checked Vettel, then Lewis would certainly have been in the wrong.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    From BBC..

Todt said: "People say he had already a warning after Mexico. This is true, but it was a completely different matter. He lost control and was insulting one of the stewards. It was a different category.

"So on the first category he has no more joker, on the second category he has no more joker."

What gives... I'm guessing they don't want to upset Ferrari?

What if he loses control in a third 'category'... such as choking Valteri out on the podium, Jean?

5. Likes: Tazio (11th July 2017)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    If Lewis had brake-checked Vettel, then Lewis would certainly have been in the wrong.
    Why? Because Vettel was following too closely? You should be at a distance that you're able to pull up in time no matter what the car in front does.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Why? Because Vettel was following too closely? You should be at a distance that you're able to pull up in time no matter what the car in front does.
    On the road, yes. Not in a race.

8. Likes: N4D13 (10th July 2017)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Something that should also be said is that Vettel has a history of occasional lapses in his concentration at times you wouldn't expect a professional racing driver to crash. He did crash into Webber under safety car conditions in Japan 2007 (incidentally, caused by Hamilton's swerving), and also hit a car he was lapping at a Malaysian Grand Prix a few years ago. Of course it's not something that happens every race, but it's not the first time that he makes odd mistakes.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    He also got a penalty for not keeping the appropriate distance to the safety car in Hungary a few years ago. He was as graceful about it as ever. It seems safety cars are challenging for him.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Maybe he's slightly colourblind when it comes to anything silver.
    His eyes seem to play tricks on him as the silver cars seem to slow too quickly or start too fast.

12. Likes: Starter (10th July 2017),truefan72 (10th July 2017)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Banned. How much use is it to post if you not agree. Another extension of Sebs lead this wekleend. I like it bu i´m not sure if i would like to chair my like, theirs to much hate.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Banned. How much use is it to post if you not agree. Another extension of Sebs lead this wekleend. I like it bu i´m not sure if i would like to chair my like, theirs to much hate.
    Well Mia you chaired your like, and you did it on this thread. Most contributors on this thread think that Seb got off too easy. I happen to be one of them. Mine is simply an opinion. Having said that I believe he deserved a more substantial penalty. Excluding him from that race seems appropriate
    May the forza be with you