Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
It was Lewis dropping his speed about 30 kph at the end of the corner that caught Sebastian out .
He wasn't obligated to do it any differently the second time , but Vettel , I think obviously , expected him to have some reaction to him being so much larger in his mirrors .

I think to look at it from Vettel's point of view before the accident , you see Hamilton slowing significantly , even though he knew Seb was really tight behind .
And , I think that's where you get Sir Jackie's view that Lewis might have tried to unsettle him before the restart .

From Lewis's explanation and the radio chat about the safety car close-call , I think we can surmise that Lewis had the restart plan well rehearsed , and , had Seb been able to keep out of the back of him (and note that nobody else in line rear-ended anyone else) , on the brakes slightly faster , it probably would have been a spectacular lead generated by slowing down when he did so .

It's just not the normal place to be slowing down on a track .
It was the way he'd done it the first time .
And , he is allowed to dictate the speed at that point .
But , his role was pretty clear .
I am surprised you are still litigating the facts of the incident. All in a futile effort to deflect any kind of culpability to Vettel's action.
Why are you trying so hard to convince yourself hamilton did something wrong.
Can it not be for this one time, be accepted and understood that he did nothing wrong and vettel simply made a mistake and then matters even worse?
I'm really trying hard to understand what you have to gain by finding some way, any kind of way, to apportion blame to Hamilton.
...Big Ben said it best, as i'm a bit tired of having to explain the incident over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
Actually no. Just one was at fault here. The fake jolly good fellow was sleeping at the wheel, bumped the mercedes in the back and then decided to take a swipe at Hamilton. He was wrong from start to finish which makes him look quite stupid. And in the end he decided to admit his mistake only to avoid further penalties without showing any real remorse at any point.
there, that simple