Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    FIA to investigate Vettel's actions in Baku
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...7-3426455.html
    Key quote from the article:

"Der Shitstorm in den internationalen Medien und auf den sozialen Netzwerken über die relativ milde Bestrafung beim GP Aserbaidschan ist auch in Paris angekommen."

Couldn't have put it better myself.

2. Likes: truefan72 (28th June 2017)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I don't think Vettel actually meant to hit Hamilton's car. It was still a stupid thing to do and a DQ from Baku would have been appropriate. More than that would have been too much.

I think Vettel has made it worse by refusing to acknowledge he made a mistake. It was plain to see that he thought he got brake tested, lost his cool and tried to make a visible statement of his anger by pulling alongside Hamilton and swerving to the right. That was a stupid thing to do and he compounded it by swerving too much and hitting the Mercedes. Basically, he f__ked up.

He would have done himself a world of good by saying 'sorry, I thought I got brake tested and wanted to make Hamilton aware I was pissed off but I didn't mean to hit him, my bad'. Of course, he's too arrogant or stupid to do that so makes matters worse by ignoring his actions and complaining that Hamilton wasn't penalised.

I don't like Vettel that much. He's a fine driver and I hope he wins Ferrari another title (or two or three) but he's no Giles or Alesi.
    Forza Ferrari!!

4. Likes: Bagwan (28th June 2017),pino (28th June 2017),The Black Knight (28th June 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Another point to note that hasn't been mentioned is that Vettel was way too close to Hamilton in the preceding corner. If you replay the race in real time there is a camera angle of the cars going into that corner before Vettel hit him. That camera angle shows that Vettel was much closer to Hamilton than any of the following cars were to him or each other, which is further proof that Vettel messed up. All the other drivers had the smarts to stay further clear of their opponents.

I'm glad the FIA are going to investigate Vettel, I had heard it from a friend of mine that works in the F1 fraternity on Monday but had no confirmation. Ban him for the championship and teach the little runt a good hard lesson he so badly needs.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Should Vettel be banned?

Nice writing Hawk ! As I posted on Baku thread, I still believe, the black flag for the race, would have been, the most fair punishment! I agree, Vettel isn't the most sympathetic person, but asking for a season ban, or revoke his license, it's just crazy!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Should Vettel be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Another point to note that hasn't been mentioned is that Vettel was way too close to Hamilton in the preceding corner. If you replay the race in real time there is a camera angle of the cars going into that corner before Vettel hit him. That camera angle shows that Vettel was much closer to Hamilton than any of the following cars were to him or each other, which is further proof that Vettel messed up. All the other drivers had the smarts to stay further clear of their opponents.

I'm glad the FIA are going to investigate Vettel, I had heard it from a friend of mine that works in the F1 fraternity on Monday but had no confirmation. Ban him for the championship and teach the little runt a good hard lesson he so badly needs.
    Jesus...you really hate him, don't you ?!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    Jesus...you really hate him, don't you ?!
    I have met him on a number of occasions, didn't like him when I met him, don't like him now. That witty happy personality he tries to put on is an act and that is gradually beginning to show over the last year and a half. I wrote this quite some time ago on the forum. I am not surprised this is happening.

I have met him on a number of occasions, didn't like him when I met him, don't like him now. That witty happy personality he tries to put on is an act and that is gradually beginning to show over the last year and a half. I wrote this quite some time ago on the forum. I am not surprised this is happening.
    There's nothing wrong, in disliking a person but I think you should be more objective when judging his behavior, especially when this person is a professional driver, that can make mistakes due to huge adrenaline !

10. Likes: Big Ben (28th June 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    It's not the first lenient penalty we've seen this year. A couple of times we've seen 5-second penalties for offenses that gained the driver more than 5 seconds.

A DQ/black flag would seem like a reasonable response, but it shares the same risk as any other penalty imposed during the race, namely that the driver might retire from the race anyway, and the penalty becomes meaningless.

I think this was a case that should have been left until after the race. Immediate penalties are fine for the common cases of incidents caused by error or overstepping the bounds of fair racing, or technical infringements. But if you're looking at someone for a deliberate act of aggression, that needs more consideration. You need to evaluate the degree of intent, which is a more subtle question than the simple mechanics of who was to blame for a collision.

I'm sure if the stewards had considered this incident in a less hasty manner after the race, a heavier penalty would have been given.
    Last edited by AndyL; 28th June 2017 at 11:42.

12. Likes: Big Ben (28th June 2017)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    There's a shock, the supposedly unbiased Bagwan sides against Hamilton in the only way he possibly could 😂
    You did notice me saying he should have been black flagged , didn't you ?

Are you biased at all in any way ?

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    You can't apply the rules of the road to racing. Otherwise, you'd have to send all participants of Sunday's race to the den for taking part in a "race between vehicles" (Section 115 of the Road Transport Act 2013 [NSW])
    Or pass a similar piece of legislation to the Motor Sports (World Rally Championship) Act 2009, which would section off public roads.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!