Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Liked 124 Times in 57 Posts
    Oh totally forgot about the prize money, and also I havent followed U27 too closely this year but it always seems that speed wise it's always been Ingram and Huttunen battling for the victory but now that I took a bit of look to stage results Zawada has been quite fast also atleast on tarmac, interesting to see can he keep up on Liepaja.

But coming back to the future of these drivers. Getting 100k to drive R5's in ERC sounds like a alot of money but it's actually just like 2 events with test's and then rest you need to be able to back yourself..
    Ingrams case it seems like there is no extra money coming his way since he is only driving ERC events at the moment but maybe they have already some plans for next year?
    Huttunen has driven R5 in Finland and R2 in germany this year but is his management able to get their budget up for next year to drive whole season with an R5 if he dosent get the Hyundai deal?
    Zawada also has driven just a few rallies in last couple of years, I wouldnt get my hopes up to see him driving a full R5 season even with winning this years title price.

Liked 4,741 Times in 2,038 Posts
    U28 has only 6 events out of which 4 count so the prize money which can cover 2-3 events (ERC events are rather short) is quite a big help.

Here an extremely lucky moment for Moffet!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEA7KU8pV2Y
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: dimviii (30th August 2017),RS (30th August 2017)
    Liked 861 Times in 479 Posts
    Also Griebel, who won JERC last year progressed to R5 this year and has now won himself a World Rally Car drive next year.

As Essaj mentions, Hutunnen appears to have some backing already and being Finnish will probably help him too, so I would perhaps rather see one of the other guys win this title.

M-Sport WRC Champions '17 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,508 Times in 1,893 Posts
    Exactly. Ingram will benefit hugely by winning the U27 Championship.

He was only narrowly beaten by Griebel last year and has led this year until Zlin.

He deserves an R5 chance and this will probably be his only possibility as other funding is limited.

6. Likes: RS (30th August 2017)
    Liked 1,254 Times in 611 Posts
    Griebel is great example that also with limited budget you can make fast step from R2 to R5. And his prize from last year - start on Cyprus, helped him to find other backing.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (30th August 2017),HaCo (30th August 2017),Jeppe (30th August 2017),pantealex (30th August 2017),RS (30th August 2017),WRC1 (30th August 2017)
    Video from Rallyelange, mainly from official spectator places but despite that it's spectacular.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zo3mEL1w6A

Still waiting for JNK though.

Liked 676 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    As Essaj mentions, Hutunnen appears to have some backing already and being Finnish will probably help him too, so I would perhaps rather see one of the other guys win this title.
    It'd be best for Huttunen if he could make the step up to WRC2 already next season. I don't know what kind of plans they have for him, but being in Grönholm's management hopefully puts together some kind of program. Also, he is still in Hyundai competetion which wouldn't be the worst option either to win. Thing for Huttunen is that he does not have rich daddy to support. Everything is depending on his performance, being successful at right times. So even if it looks now that compared to Ingram and Zawada his future is safe, it's all down to the fact how much other people will believe in him. I believe in him, but I can't get a drive for him. He sure is a talent.
    Lue: rallirinki.net | Katso: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Seuraa: @HartusvuoriWRC

11. Likes: Mirek (30th August 2017),pantealex (30th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It'd be best for Huttunen if he could make the step up to WRC2 already next season. I don't know what kind of plans they have for him, but being in Grönholm's management hopefully puts together some kind of program. Also, he is still in Hyundai competetion which wouldn't be the worst option either to win. Thing for Huttunen is that he does not have rich daddy to support. Everything is depending on his performance, being successful at right times. So even if it looks now that compared to Ingram and Zawada his future is safe, it's all down to the fact how much other people will believe in him. I believe in him, but I can't get a drive for him. He sure is a talent.
    I think that one season in ERC in R5 car should be better for him...

13. Likes: RS (30th August 2017),WUff1 (30th August 2017)
    Another beautiful video from Passats de Canto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREgakH_7ZA

15. Likes: WUff1 (31st August 2017)
    Another very good one (no music): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXAOnfMnzo