Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Baku '17

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I think a one race suspension would certainly be justified. I don't think Seb helped his case at all by being defiant about the whole thing afterwards. Some contrition would definitely have helped calm the situation.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    One thing that occurred to me afterwards is that earlier in the race, after a previous SC restart, there was a radio conversation between Bonno and Lewis to the effect of "be careful - you were a little too close to the safety car on that restart" and Lewis shrugging it off.

It does seem to be an issue with the long front straight that the leader needs to leave a *huge* gap to the SC before getting to that final turn, where they're going to need to come out of that corner at racing speed but need to not catch up the SC before it peels into the pits.

So I was wondering: was there a reminder over the radio to Hamilton to be sure to leave a big gap right before that incident?
    Quoting myself, I know, but this is describing what I was getting at earlier: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/06/2...rsial-restart/