Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Baku '17

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Can the sanction against Vettel be increased restrospectively by the FIA?

That was such a bad move on Hamilton - school playground stuff - bit of an insult to schoolchildren!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Pretty much cut and dry with Vettel and Hamilton. Seb was very lucky not to be black flagged for his behaviour. I would imagine Ferrari will be talking to him now it's been confirmed he wasn't brake checked and it seems he got a bit excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes: truefan72 (26th June 2017)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Vettel is mostly unrepentant. Hamilton is smug. Grosjean stonewalls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8SZeMxWTm4
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Pretty much cut and dry with Vettel and Hamilton. Seb was very lucky not to be black flagged for his behaviour. I would imagine Ferrari will be talking to him now it's been confirmed he wasn't brake checked and it seems he got a bit excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-1...77/story.shtml

yup. I wonder what Vettel has to say now.
    But to me the bigger issue is that they determined this during the race before assessing a ridiculous 10 second penalty.
    So why was there not a penalty assessed for running into the back of Hamilton as well, and why so lenient on the 2nd action.
    Also folks are saying that the bump was slightly more jarring than reported and it probably contributed to the head support latch becoming loose as well.
    That is a triple whammy for Hamilton all caused because petulant Vettel was not paying attention.
    given this information, it would not be unreasonable to request and expect the FIA to further sanction him for the next race. Or even make him sit out the next race.

I was also not encouraged by Toto Wolff's comments to sky after the race where he tried to downplay the situation and effectively take the stance of "moving on"
    This is absurd and cowardly IMO. fight for your drivers, raise a storm, make a stink and force the FIA to take action. That is what a good team director does. Not sit there and make pseudo excuses for your championship rival who effectively cost you victory and tried to take out your own bloody driver. wtf is that?
    Mercedes win because of great drivers and a solid car, in spite of inept race management, and feckless team principals over the years.

And while we are at it, he might want to talk to his junior driver Ocon and ask him why he pretty much let Vettel breeze bye but decided to fight Hamilton tooth and nail in such a manner. I wouldn't raise a stink about it if he had shown the same zeal when Vettel approached him, but the fact is he offered no resistance to the ferrari but then went out of his way to try and keep hamilton behind him.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Vettel is mostly unrepentant. Hamilton is smug. Grosjean stonewalls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8SZeMxWTm4
    explain to me what is smug about taking the high road. In his post race interviews i found his responses to be way more diplomatic, respectful and graceful than anyone should have been after such an incident. Smug??? I would reserve that description for Vettel. Perhaps you need to understand what that means instead of finding some kind of way to rope hamilton into vettel's madness.

Definition of smug:
    having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
    "he was feeling smug after his win"
    synonyms: self-satisfied, self-congratulatory, complacent, superior, pleased with oneself, conceited

It is getting really tiresome on these forums to read folks descriptions of hamilton that are based on their own bias than anything in reality.
    oh well
    Last edited by truefan72; 26th June 2017 at 14:54.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    explain to me what is smug about taking the high road. In his post race interviews i found his responses to be way more diplomatic, respectful and graceful than anyone should have been after such an incident. Smug??? I would reserve that description for Vettel. Perhaps you need to understand what that means instead if finding some kind of way to rope hamilton into vettel's madness.

Definition of smug:
    having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
    synonyms: self-satisfied, self-congratulatory, complacent, superior, pleased with oneself, conceited

It is getting really tiresome on these forums to read folks descriptions of hamilton that are based on their own bias than anything in reality.
    oh well
    Given that Rollo is actually an intelligent poster I can only imagine that he was looking to rise someone like you into an argument. There was nothing smug about Hamilton's post race interviews. I found them remarkably restrained. Anyone that thinks Hamilton was smug clearly doesn't have all their screws tightened.

8. Likes: truefan72 (26th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Given that Rollo is actually an intelligent poster I can only imagine that he was looking to rise someone like you into an argument. There was nothing smug about Hamilton's post race interviews. I found them remarkably restrained. Anyone that thinks Hamilton was smug clearly doesn't have all their screws tightened.
    lol, i fell for it then.
    Thanks Black Knight. "Restrained" was the word i was looking for to describe Hamilton's post race comments, but early in the morning couldn't get my brain together.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Just to drop in a little of the other side , Vettel was angry , and suffered a "red mist" moment as a result of Hamilton slowing suddenly .
    Which he did , from in the 80s , down to 54kph at the exit of the corner .
    It certainly right to say Vettel was caught out by this , and that it was wholly his fault , but do recognize that at that moment he took it , rightly or wrongly , as a brake-check .

Seb was clearly too close when Lewis dropped almost 30kph in short order , but Lewis does have mirrors , and they would have been very red as the corner began .

What happened thereafter was a sight that had me remembering the words of Michael , who said it was "deliberate , but instinctual" .
    That's what it looked like to me .

He was so angry at what he perceived to be Hamilton ruining his race with a cheap shot , he snapped , and knocked into the side of him .
    It was not pretty , but it wasn't life threatening at low speed .

Now , let me say , at this point , that this was really only to add a little different perspective to this discussion .
    I do think that Seb should have been forced to sit out for a race over this .
    You should simply not do this kind of action at all .

And , I do think that Lewis was right with all he said , however , he should certainly recognize that he did play a role in the controversy .
    It may not have been a brake check , however , with Vettel so close , he should also see the trouble as having been avoidable at the same time .

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    The fault between the two was clearly not onesided!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    .... he wasn't brake checked and it seems he got a bit excited.

whatever the case finally F1 has some excitement after the Merc domination and the boring Hamilton-Rosberg "rivalry"
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: