Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baku '17

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I fail to see how Vettel's driving into Hamilton is any better than Jerez 97, it's worse if anything. Schumacher was disqualified from the championship back then and likewise Vettel should be disqualified from the championship this year.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Well that certainly wasn't boring...

Plenty to talk about. As many have suggested, I think Vettel got of very lightly; the tap from behind was pretty inconsequential (but clearly on him) but that swerve banging wheels was outrageous. I really can't see how that's not a DSQ, or at this point a suspension from the next race. Vettel's post race reaction clearly indicates that the message has not been received.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Oh, and Bottas should have been penalized for the first lap incident with Kimi. Regular stuff that happens in close racing, but clearly on Bottas, and pretty much wrecked Kimi's race.

Edit: ok, having gone and looked at the replay again I'm not so sure now. It looks like Kimi squeezed Valtteri pretty aggressively at the apex, forcing him to run over the kerbs on the inside. That contributed to him taking the exit wide and pushing Kimi into the wall.
    Last edited by Duncan; 25th June 2017 at 23:31.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    The officiating in F1 has been a joke since the 1980s and the reign of FISA president Jean-Marie Balestre.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I fail to see how Vettel's driving into Hamilton is any better than Jerez 97, it's worse if anything. Schumacher was disqualified from the championship back then and likewise Vettel should be disqualified from the championship this year.
    I wouldn't disqualify Vettel from the championship. I'd just revoke his licence for 2 calendar years. He can keep all his championship points all he likes; they wouldn't really matter.

Of course that would effectively ruin his 2017, 2018 and 2019 championship hopes... too bad.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

6. Likes: The Black Knight (28th June 2017)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Sorry for typos

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    that being said. there were 2 penalties to be honest.
    1. driving into the back of lewis, because the SC was pulling in and Hamilton had the right to determine the pack for the restart. 2. he deliberately hits another car, the leading car at that.

and all he gets is 10 second stop and go?
    Kvyatt got worse in the last race for nothing

I'm done with the guest stewards system. i want 1 group consistent for all races and better clarification as to the proper penalty for hitting another car deliberately. What if he broke his suspensions and had to retire? SMH.
    Exactly, the inconsistency of the penalty is staggering. When you look at it from the Kyvat penalty which was quite bizzare in its self, it begins to look prejudicial in the face of Vettel's penalty. There is still a real problem with inconsistency and favoritism in the deliberation of the stewards this season. I wonder who the stewards were for the Baku race, they should be avoided in the future, in my opinion, they were scrap and lack any sense of fair play.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

9. Likes: The Black Knight (26th June 2017),truefan72 (26th June 2017)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    This race was brilliant and incredibly bizzare. We got to see some of the worst conducts of F1 drivers and how they have penalized their teams with a loss of constructors points by their conduct.

1. Vettel should have won that race if he had kept his head, but didn't and cost Ferrari some quite achievable constructors point by his red mist moment.

2. Ocon effectively smoked a chunk of Force India's very strong potential points haul by a wreckless maneuver that ended Perez's race and drop himself a couple of places.

It was a race to forget for Kimi who seemed to be a magnet for other drivers misjudgement. Magnussen came good for Haas, while Grojeans moaned and cursed his brakes throughout the race, Kmag propelled the Haas to a potential podium at one point during the race. It was a very strong showing.

Lance Stroll has suddenly become the golden boy of the moment, as he picked up his first F1 podium. Like stealing a lollie from a child, Bottas pounced at the dying minute to steal 2nd from a brilliant Stroll
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th June 2017 at 18:03.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: Duncan (26th June 2017)
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Baku '17

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I would hope that further action is taken against him, after the race. I disagree that a season ban is out of order. As a F1 driver your super license is given to you in faith that you are skilled mentally to take the heat. You cannot under any circumstance use your car as a weapon. He is a spoiled little kid that needs a good lesson. For years he has been given liberties that no other driver had and keeps getting away with things no other driver would time after time. This is the result along with the likes of Mexico last year. He needs to be banned for the season and until such time as he apologised to Hamilton and the fans for his behaviour. That will bring him down to size.

[Edited by a Moderator]

There's no need for such a language. And this, isn't the first time you do it. So please, try to be more nice, and think before posting...
    Last edited by pino; 26th June 2017 at 07:09.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

13. Likes: Bagwan (26th June 2017),donKey jote (26th June 2017),gm99 (26th June 2017),Mia 01 (26th June 2017),N4D13 (26th June 2017),steveaki13 (26th June 2017),truefan72 (26th June 2017)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I think Vettel's penalty was a joke. Purposely driving in another driver should be more severely punished. Black flag and a race ban wouldn't be too much, but a ban for the rest of the season maybe a bit harsh at this point. Another one like this and yes, I'd agree with it. And some mandatory psychological therapy should be in order. His hysterical behavior seems to be getting out of control. They guy seems to be having some big anger issues. And just to be clear, I very much dislike both Hamilton and Vettel, so I think I'm quite objective here