Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Baku '17

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I have to say, this is the second time that Vettel has behaved in a very unsportmanslike behaviour and got away with it. The stewards were crap this weekend.

Remember him insulting Charlie Whiting a while back.
    yup
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It's gonna be a hairy first lap , Taz , with those two pink cars not happy with each other , a red one knowing they would be looking for a swap , given the chance , and two silvers knowing that one following the other is crippling for the man behind .

It could be a Williams one-two , after they weave through the carbon fiber shards .
    Not too far from wrong Baggy, except the better part of the race was pretty hairy. but you called it
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz
    I don't see Williams finishing on the podium in this universe
    Congrats to your boy Lance he was very opportunistic, although this race seemed to be out of this universe
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Baku '17

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    a season ban is a bit harsh but a black flag for the race would not be ridiculous. Hamilton had the right to do what he did behind the safety car and vettel simply ran into him. perez did into run into vettel and there were no other issues. Vettel was simply not paying attention or allowing enough space behind hamilton to avoid this. and lets not forget that vettel was the king of shenanigans behind the safety car when he was leafing the pack all these years. talso the safety car light was out and thus the leader has the right to determine the pack. Then to compound his error he deliberately slams into hamilton. that is a straight black flag for me along with a 10 place grid penalty for the next race. or even a black flag for the next race too. anything less would be cowardly from the stewards.
    I would hope that further action is taken against him, after the race. I disagree that a season ban is out of order. As a F1 driver your super license is given to you in faith that you are skilled mentally to take the heat. You cannot under any circumstance use your car as a weapon. He is a spoiled little kid that needs a good lesson. For years he has been given liberties that no other driver had and keeps getting away with things no other driver would time after time. This is the result along with the likes of Mexico last year. He needs to be banned for the season and until such time as he apologised to Hamilton and the fans for his behaviour. That will bring him down to size.

[Edited by a Moderator]
    Last edited by pino; 26th June 2017 at 07:10.

the fairy tale turnaround for Stroll continues. a good result for him and williams. sad for Massa though and it could have been a 2/3 for them as well

I'd stay away from such language.
    that being said. there were 2 penalties to be honest.
    1. driving into the back of lewis, because the SC was pulling in and Hamilton had the right to determine the pack for the restart. 2. he deliberately hits another car, the leading car at that.

and all he gets is 10 second stop and go?
    Kvyatt got worse in the last race for nothing

I'm done with the guest stewards system. i want 1 group consistent for all races and better clarification as to the proper penalty for hitting another car deliberately. What if he broke his suspensions and had to retire? SMH.
    Last edited by truefan72; 25th June 2017 at 17:36.

that being said. there were 2 penalties to be honest.
    1. driving into the back of lewis, because the SC was pulling in and Hamilton had the right to determine the pack for the restart. 2. he deliberately hits another car, the leading car at that.

and all he gets is 10 second stop and go?
    Kvyatt got worse in the last race for nothing
    And that just shows the shambles of the F1 disciplinary system and how inconsistent it is. Unfortunately I don't believe the penalty can be appealed but I don't see any reason why he can't get further punishment for behaviour not befitting a F1 driver. He's a deluded little bollox as well, in his interview afterwards he says Hamilton brake tested him but he didn't. It's up to vettel to judge and read the situation correctly. Fair enough the first bit of contact - it was a mistake on Vettel'a behalf, the issue is the second one. Ban for the rest of the season is what should happen.

And who is to say that Hamilton's head rest wasn't broken because of what Vettel did but the problem didn't show until after the restart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And that just shows the shambles of the F1 disciplinary system and how inconsistent it is. Unfortunately I don't believe the penalty can be appealed but I don't see any reason why he can't get further punishment for behaviour not befitting a F1 driver. He's a deluded little bollox as well, in his interview afterwards he says Hamilton brake tested him but he didn't. It's up to vettel to judge and read the situation correctly. Fair enough the first bit of contact - it was a mistake on Vettel'a behalf, the issue is the second one. Ban for the rest of the season is what should happen.

And who is to say that Hamilton's head rest wasn't broken because of what Vettel did but the problem didn't show until after the restart.
    yup. that could have been the case with the headrest. because it was a significant hit and not something light.
    It was a bad day for mercedes and the stewards.
    also to be honest ,bottas should have gotten a penalty for his first lap contact too

yup. that could have been the case with the headrest. because it was a significant hit and not something light.
    It was a bad day for mercedes and the stewards.
    also to be honest ,bottas should have gotten a penalty for his first lap contact too
    This is a bad day for F1 to be honest. Not alone do they show that drivers can get away with cheating once again but that dangerous driver behaviour is okay. Vettel also gets 3 penalty points which, unless he does something similar in Austria and gets another 3 points, means nothing as he now has 9 on his license. 12 = 1 race ban.

I disagree with the Bottas incident. I don't think he could have done anything else. Running over the kerb meant he was launched into Kimi. Racing first lap incident and I think the Stewards did the right thing there.

Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Not too far from wrong Baggy, except the better part of the race was pretty hairy. but you called it

Congrats to your boy Lance he was very opportunistic, although this race seemed to be out of this universe
    Thanks , Taz .

I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing , wondering if he could take the heat .
    Whereas the rest of them struggle to find the feel , it looks like he's just finding out what a good set-up feels like .

I see good things coming for the lad , and it's nice to be considering buying a new hat some time soon .

10. Likes: Tazio (25th June 2017)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    bottas destroyed Kimis race once Moore, I´m gutted!