Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Monisha Kaltenborn out of Sauber!

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/st...sha-kaltenborn

Who are potential replacements?

Honda takeover? Or anti-Honda?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I can't predict what happens next, but Monisha Kaltenborn's leadership of Sauber can certainly be associated with the iconic team's poorest and saddest performances for the last five years or so. Under her leadership, Sauber became the team that sells its driver seats to the highest bidder, sometimes to more bidders than the number of seats they have, thus overbooking, like they were a goddamn airline. Sometimes the jokes write themselves, and that's certainly true in the case of Sauber's demise.

3. Likes: Koz (22nd June 2017)
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Sauber have been in decline lately, I agree, but I suspect that would have been the case whoever was in charge. Rumour has it the new owners wanted Ericsson (a fellow Swede) to have preferential treatment, whereas Kaltenborn wanted a more even approach; while I do think Ericsson is underrated, I haven't seen anything to suggest he warrants number one treatment. This has the makings of a beginning of an end...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I can't predict what happens next, but Monisha Kaltenborn's leadership of Sauber can certainly be associated with the iconic team's poorest and saddest performances for the last five years or so. Under her leadership, Sauber became the team that sells its driver seats to the highest bidder, sometimes to more bidders than the number of seats they have, thus overbooking, like they were a goddamn airline. Sometimes the jokes write themselves, and that's certainly true in the case of Sauber's demise.
    Joe Saward intimates that there was a lot more to the contract issues story she had than was publicly aired .
    He seems to think she's a pretty smart cookie , and a serious loss to the team .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Not fair to blame her for the sorry financial state of the team. She had to find money from wherever she could to keep the team afloat. Judging by the demise of Manor and many before, she did a great job of keeping that team on the grid and ensuring funds to secure its immediate future.

She had a very steady hand which was why Sauber has not joined manor in pastures. It would be like shooting the messanger to say it was down to her that the team fell into hardship. It was long coming even before Monisha took over. That Sauber felt comfortable to sell off his team, is indication of how tough things has been at Sauber since BMW washed their hands off it.

However, the entire thing is bizzarre. It looks like a power head to head that resulted in a snap decision to dump her. But we are talking about financial investors here. they have no clue but want to have a say in the operation it would seem.

Why on earth would they not support the driver that has got the team 4 points in the first quarter of the season for one that hasn't. It is a very warped view of things l think.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd June 2017 at 14:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: AndyL (22nd June 2017)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    Sauber have been in decline lately, I agree, but I suspect that would have been the case whoever was in charge. Rumour has it the new owners wanted Ericsson (a fellow Swede) to have preferential treatment, whereas Kaltenborn wanted a more even approach; while I do think Ericsson is underrated, I haven't seen anything to suggest he warrants number one treatment. This has the makings of a beginning of an end...
    Some rumours had her favouring Pascal , but likely stemmed from his having been injured , and her having to keep the press up on his progress , thus talking about him , rather than his team-mate .

Saward didn't have much good to say about the guy who she is in this fight with , either , saying he's not likely been to even 10 GPs in his life .

Yes , Sauber's in trouble here .

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Supposedly they've lined up Colin Kolles as a replacement. That doesn't sound like a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Supposedly they've lined up Colin Kolles as a replacement. That doesn't sound like a step forward.
    Sauber is not a hot proposition at the moment. I can see they would struggle to land a top notch name to take over from Monisha. This sudden change of leadership is bound to have a knock on effect to their 2017 campaign and 2018 preparation. Monisha did all the Honda negotiation and would have been a person Honda may be very comfortable to work with. You could see how her absence could be costly to Sauber on a number of fronts.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Looks like Sauber might have found a replacement in Frederic Vasseur, formerly Renault. He would be a good choice, definitely better then Collin Kolles imo
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_swiss View Post
    Looks like Sauber might have found a replacement in Frederic Vasseur, formerly Renault. He would be a good choice, definitely better then Collin Kolles imo
    More Lotus than Renault. But a better choice with more recent experience of the hybrid era.
    William Shakespeare