Page 19 of 97 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    It's the co-driver who stole the camera. In that shot he is taking pictures of the spectators.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

"The break was long but it was good to relax a bit, the ambitions are intact: we want to be world champion, so we want to finish ahead of Ogier and take points from him. 'Ogier and see if we are able to make a difference in one or the other stage, he is well armed, he will not let go, the race will be very tight again this weekend,' detailed the Hyundai driver to our microphone.
    Before adding on the Spanish course: "The others have progressed a lot compared to the beginning of the season, we bring here our first evolutions on the car with a slightly different aerodynamics and some improvements in the engine. I hope the changes will help us make a difference.There have been a lot of races during the day on earth.On the asphalt, I think the course will suit us better than the other years . "
    Good news for Neuville is the arrival of Andreas Mikkelsen in the South Korean team. The Norwegian has a good speed and is a close friend of the Belgian in recent years. "We are friends so I knew he was in contact with Hyundai, he made me pass the message by ringing at the door ... I knew it had gone well for him and I could congratulate him because I think he deserves a place in the WRC, he can help us, but everyone can do it, by interposing himself between Ogier and me, and I will have to be in front of everyone. that there will be a Neuville, Sordo and Tanak as top 3 on this rally, "concluded our compatriot.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ier?id=9727552

After having been adversaries for many years, in ERC then in WRC, Thierry Neuville and Andreas Mikkelsen will finally team-mates on the occasion of the Rally of Catalonia ... and he let him know in a special way!
    "I went to visit him in his apartment, dressed in the colors of the Hyundai team from head to toe, exploded with laughter Andreas Mikkelsen on the microphone of Olivier Gaspard, the special correspondent of the RTBF in Spain. was in the shower, so it was his girlfriend who opened the door to me, I went to the bathroom, and he was still in the shower. so I told him the news! He was very happy. "
    Former Volkswagen official driver, who has just signed a contract until the end of the 2019 season with the South Korean team, will try to help his friend Thierry in his quest for the world title. Hyundai driver fastest at the shakedown this Thursday morning, he will already have a very important role to play this weekend.
    "I will try to get used to the Hyundai as quickly as possible," said the Norwegian. "I have to help the team in the fight for the builders 'title, and Thierry in the one for the drivers' title. The team gave me a lot of practice days before the rally so that I could get to know the car and the coaching, all in a very short time. I feel good in the car, I will give everything I have to try to beat the Ford. "

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ers?id=9727882

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Just got back from recceing the stages. This place is just beautiful and coming from Estonian autumn these crades at times are too much for me.

Shakedown was great. I was moving around a lot, at first I was where cali and rage were and the I moved to the tarmac part where all Hyundai drivers every god damn time hit the barrier. In the end I was at the so called stadium section.

Can’t wait for next days!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: cali (6th October 2017),rage82 (5th October 2017),Simmi (5th October 2017)
    Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    I am curious about how the 'Spanish/Catalonia' fans do react to Sordo at ceremonial start. Is there some hate or absolutely not, to him and other Spanish drivers? Could this be effect of his results? Who could answer at least the first question?

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Was not that close to the podium but didnt hear a single thing against Sordo. Also not at shakedown. Don’t think it’s an issue here.

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I am curious about how the 'Spanish/Catalonia' fans do react to Sordo at ceremonial start. Is there some hate or absolutely not, to him and other Spanish drivers? Could this be effect of his results? Who could answer at least the first question?
    last year in Catalunya, the Spanish fans left as soon as Sordo passed by. they were there for him..... not the sport
    the artist formally known as "smokin'joe"

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts