Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Not sure if it's been posted yet but the Swedish press have been chatting to Tidemand's management.

http://www.vf.se/rally/tidemands-man...-med-wrc-team/

M-Sport appears the best bet, with Veiby saying they could potentially lose all three drivers next year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2017),dimviii (22nd August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),Rally Power (22nd August 2017),WUff1 (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted yet but the Swedish press have been chatting to Tidemand's management.

http://www.vf.se/rally/tidemands-man...-med-wrc-team/

M-Sport appears the best bet, with Veiby saying they could potentially lose all three drivers next year.
    There are other interesting points and claims from him:

- He claims none of his drivers pay or paid for a drive, saying "If you become a pay driver you stay that rest of your life" and gives an example of DMACK wanting them to bring money with Mikkelsen for 2016
    - it's not so sure all drivers will stay at Hyundai
    - Tommi said he is interested in Tanak or Mikkelsen (well that ain't exactly a surprise, though it removes any Ogier doubts)
    - Skoda has an option for 1 more year, so it's likely for PT if he doesn't get WRC seat

Afaik E. Veiby is manager for:
    Mikkelsen, Lappi, Tidemand and Veiby

4. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2017),mmm (23rd August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),WUff1 (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Yet the very next event he gets trounced by Camilli...? I feel he is too inconsistent to warrant a full time drive based on his results. I am not disputing he has shown some flashes of greatness however.
    To say that Suninen was trounced by Camilli in Germany is quite an overstatement. Despite the tarmac experience difference, Suninen was only 9s behind Camilli at the end of leg 1. He got 2 punctures during leg 2 and after recovering to P4 he did a mistake in one of Sunday’s stages, getting stuck on a ditch for over 1m. Looking at his trouble free SS times (and the Corsica ones, btw) we can only praise his tarmac speed improvement. He’s now on his 3rd WRC2 season and was always one of the fastest there, plus he was astonishingly impressive on his WRC first outings; he’s more than ready to be in WRC next year.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),Simmi (22nd August 2017),tommeke_B (22nd August 2017)
    Camilli broke his suspension on a kerb on the opening evening which has flown under the radar a bit. Happened right in front of me and he was lucky to get away with minimal time loss. I don't think he 'trounced' anyone.

8. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2017),Munkvy (22nd August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),Rally Power (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Camilli broke his suspension on a kerb on the opening evening which has flown under the radar a bit. Happened right in front of me and he was lucky to get away with minimal time loss. I don't think he 'trounced' anyone.
    Didn't he hit Greensmith as well in a hairpin?

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    To say that Suninen was trounced by Camilli in Germany is quite an overstatement. Despite the tarmac experience difference, Suninen was only 9s behind Camilli at the end of leg 1. He got 2 punctures during leg 2 and after recovering to P4 he did a mistake in one of Sunday’s stages, getting stuck on a ditch for over 1m. Looking at his trouble free SS times (and the Corsica ones, btw) we can only praise his tarmac speed improvement. He’s now on his 3rd WRC2 season and was always one of the fastest there, plus he was astonishingly impressive on his WRC first outings; he’s more than ready to be in WRC next year.
    99% of the time punctures are the drivers fault. So using that as an excuse for coming 7th in WRC2 is not realistic. Regardless of how well you perform in a super special, if you can't keep it on the road for a whole rally, then you have room to improve.

Hence I believe he still has room to improve to be a more balanced driver, not necessarily a faster driver, just better at managing the risks, then he will be ready for a WRC seat. Otherwise I fear for him that he will just become another Novikov or Camilli. Lots of balls, and some big bills.

11. Likes: pantealex (23rd August 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    99% of the time punctures are the drivers fault.
    True, but on Panzerplatte lot of drivers had punctures out of nowhere.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Didn't he hit Greensmith as well in a hairpin?
    That was Loubet. Same livery though.

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
    http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualit...er-188150.html

As per autohebdo, Citroen is discussing with Ogier and Loeb for 2018 (Loeb is interested in a partial program)

Sent from my HTC Desire 10 pro using Tapatalk

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Same news repeated several times....

16. Likes: pantealex (23rd August 2017)