Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    man you are really desperate to keep Ogier in Ford...he will drive for sure for some team in 2018, dont worry
    Last edited by EstWRC; 4th August 2017 at 10:05.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (5th August 2017),pantealex (4th August 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But seriously, Evans hasn't been that bad this season. He almost won Argentina. He made good stage times in Mexico, but his race was ruined by an engine switch and time penalty and thus driving first on the road. Also good times in Portugal but a puncture and a small off causing another puncture slowed him down. For the last ten stages of Monte he was always in top five. Some technical problems and an off in TDC. He was off the pace in Sweden, Poland and Sardegna, but it could be down the tires.
    Hasn't had the luxury of PETs before every round either.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Looks like Ogier is heading for the title, why would he want to leave MSport unless he is motivated by money?

I can see Hyundai wanting to strengthen their team as they'll be annoyed at losing the manufacturers title. Maybe they'll go for Mikelssen as a fast and reliable pair of hands? Possibly at the expense of Sordo?

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Looks like Ogier is heading for the title, why would he want to leave MSport unless he is motivated by money?

I can see Hyundai wanting to strengthen their team as they'll be annoyed at losing the manufacturers title. Maybe they'll go for Mikelssen as a fast and reliable pair of hands? Possibly at the expense of Sordo?
    Ogier is worried about Msport struggling to keep up in the development race in future years if they don't get bigger backing.

I have a feeling Seb will agree a big deal with Citroen before Spain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Likes: AndyRAC (20th August 2017),AnttiL (20th August 2017)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Ogier is worried about Msport struggling to keep up in the development race in future years if they don't get bigger backing.

I have a feeling Seb will agree a big deal with Citroen before Spain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Despite their history, going to Citroen is a bit of a gamble for anyone with the state of that car right now.

8. Likes: pantealex (21st August 2017),steve.mandzij (20th August 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In a Finnish TV interview yesterday with Juho Hänninen

- How important is it to get a good result from here [Deutschland] regarding the future of your career?
    - Hard to say, you need to ask someone else. Good results are always important. For me it was important to see I've got the pace, gives me confidence for the future

Kind of sounds like no matter how well he drives, there's no drives coming up next year.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Kind of sounds like no matter how well he drives, there's no drives coming up next year.
    Imo the only option is to continue at Toyota with probably 1 year extension, can't see anyone else signing him, others will either go for proven value (Tanak, Mikkelsen) or for cheap/promising youth. Hanninen is "unproven"/uncertain performance and older (6 years older than Tanak, 8 over Mikkelsen, 10 over Lappi). So it's up to Tommi and/or Japanese.

------------------------------

During the Powerstage broadcast Julian Porter said the rumors in service park about Mikkelsen were that he was talking to Hyundai and Citroen about next year and that he also wanted to drive the last 3 rallies this year in the same car (from context that probably meant C3).
    Last edited by mknight; 20th August 2017 at 20:04.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Tanak will get a drive for sure... the pain will continue unfortunately for the finish manager kids.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    And Mikkelsens 2. Place on asphalt will not hurt in the coming negotiations!!

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Hanninen can be Toyota's Sordo if he was a good finisher. I heard Tommi is fairly attached to Juho, but I'm sure final word will come from high up. Is anyone running a four car team next year?