Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    In years to come Toyota may regret the decision not to sign Ogier.

The question is - do you truly believe that Jari can beat Seb across a season? I have seen no evidence at all that he can do this. You're basically relying on the performance advantage coming from the Yaris. Again I would be worried that if you give Seb a second season in the Fiesta they get more comfortable and he again becomes unbeatable.

Ogier gives Toyota the best chance to win championships. That's just a cold hard fact. It may not fit the Finnish hero team narrative. But at the end of the day Toyota aren't pouring in money to make Finland proud.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AndyRAC (27th July 2017),dimviii (27th July 2017),er88 (27th July 2017),pantealex (31st July 2017),Rally Power (27th July 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

The question is - do you truly believe that Jari can beat Seb across a season? I have seen no evidence at all that he can do this.
    Up until half of this season I would never believe it, but so far this season Latvala has been surprisingly consistent. Drivers mostly get more consistent/less likely to crash later in their career. (ex. Gronholm).

So there is some possibility, but it's not very likely.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    In years to come Toyota may regret the decision not to sign Ogier.

The question is - do you truly believe that Jari can beat Seb across a season? I have seen no evidence at all that he can do this. You're basically relying on the performance advantage coming from the Yaris. Again I would be worried that if you give Seb a second season in the Fiesta they get more comfortable and he again becomes unbeatable.

Ogier gives Toyota the best chance to win championships. That's just a cold hard fact. It may not fit the Finnish hero team narrative. But at the end of the day Toyota aren't pouring in money to make Finland proud.
    I do still see Latvala winning a championship. The chances are slim, and he might have to rely on some cases of misfortune for Ogier, but he's still hungry for the title, very quick and increasingly consistent. Had it not been for the Yaris' engine issues and his flu in Portugal who knows where in the standings he'd be now?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. Likes: Rally Power (27th July 2017)
    Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
    TGR new engine... Seems its on fire.. Lets find out end of the rally

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    New engine? They're allowed to change engines mid season?

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    A question...

With all the speculation of Ford coming back, do they really need to "come back" in the sense of spending 50-70 million euros per year like VW supposedly did? Or would an extra 5-10 million be enough to pay Ogier, develop the Fiesta, and keep him happy to stay?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    New engine? They're allowed to change engines mid season?
    Homologation joker

10. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2017)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    A question...

With all the speculation of Ford coming back, do they really need to "come back" in the sense of spending 50-70 million euros per year like VW supposedly did? Or would an extra 5-10 million be enough to pay Ogier, develop the Fiesta, and keep him happy to stay?
    It depends on what they hope to achieve. If they actually want to become champions again, they will have to invest many millions. If they just want cheap exposure, they can give just enough to keep ogier.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Homologation joker
    Wow, cool. I thought it was limited to engine components, but a new engine could be related to why Latvala had an ECU issue. Each rally this year is interesting since these cars and drivers are changing so much as the season progresses. Germany will be interesting as well. What a year!

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (29th July 2017)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Nobody will ever spend the gazillions VW did again. Just 10-15 mills are more than enough for a fully competitive effort.