Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    i think Ogier will Remain @ M-sport this year is his year to fine tune his car. i dont think if ford is a Bad car. most Drivers need to get use to a Car before they go flat out.

Even latvala when he went to Toyota. the Car was changed, many things had to be changed to the Car. and as we know Latvala is quicker to get used to a Car than most drivers. many Drivers struggle when they change the Car. we have seen that a lot.

my thoughts
    Toyota - Latvala,Lappi,Suninnen. Haninnen is not a fast driver Sorry for saying that but that is what i think

Ford - Ogier,Tannak,Evans. what reason will Tannak Have to leave ford now? its the only Team that took him and got him there. he will not want to leave that quickly

Citroen - Meeke,mikklesen, i dont see any of the others to be competative. mikklesen should be Citroens Savior. if Meeke dont get his drive up. he is screwed( i like this guy)

Hyundai- same as it is. i dont see why any of the two to not want the other. all drivers are better. and already used to the Car properly and they are leading the championship and probabbly will win it.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    1. Tänak or Tanak (without ä- letter) not Tannak.
    2. Since when did Hyundai start leading the championship?

3. Likes: electroliquid (14th June 2017),EstWRC (14th June 2017),pantealex (14th June 2017),seb_sh (14th June 2017),steve.mandzij (20th June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    3. Any team would be happy to have Breen. Citroen won't let him go.

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    It is bad to talk about other people wallets but you have to consider that Tänak needs to be paid from this year onwards. If someone offers him money then he will go. He can't do this for free forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    It is bad to talk about other people wallets but you have to consider that Tänak needs to be paid from this year onwards. If someone offers him money then he will go. He can't do this for free forever.
    He's hardly doing it for free, is he now.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I think Ogier will go to Hyundai for 5 reasons:

1) They are a real manufacturers factory team (only Citroen can say the same) with full support from headquarters and are not afraid to invest money in WRC (Citroen can't say the same).
    2) Hyundai is maybe the strongest car around at the moment (Fiesta is very good thoug).
    3) They are based in Alzenau, they have a philosophy and an attitude similar to VW...
    4) I don't think the actual lineup of drivers is an issue, not even contracts are, he is the best. If you want to win championship you have to hire him. And Hyundai is there to win championships, not to think of contracts...
    5) The only reason he will not go there is a full come back of Ford. But we don't know if they will and if they will, we don't know how...

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    depends what you consider. this is the first season that besides paying for his rides Wilson is also paying a salary to him.

my reply was to Watson
    Last edited by EstWRC; 14th June 2017 at 13:54.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I think Ogier will go to Hyundai for 5 reasons:

1) They are a real manufacturers factory team (only Citroen can say the same) with full support from headquarters and are not afraid to invest money in WRC (Citroen can't say the same).
    2) Hyundai is maybe the strongest car around at the moment (Fiesta is very good thoug).
    3) They are based in Alzenau, they have a philosophy and an attitude similar to VW...
    4) I don't think the actual lineup of drivers is an issue, not even contracts are, he is the best. If you want to win championship you have to hire him. And Hyundai is there to win championships, not to think of contracts...
    5) The only reason he will not go there is a full come back of Ford. But we don't know if they will and if they will, we don't know how...
    Neuville and Ogier in the same team? Hyundai won't make it out of Monte without one of those two having a massive fall out with the team.

10. Likes: Grundo Farb (15th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Neuville and Ogier in the same team? Hyundai won't make it out of Monte without one of those two having a massive fall out with the team.
    This and Hyundai has contracts for all three drivers next year. It's expensive to just tear those contracts and Ogier himself costs a bomb.

It's not gonna happen.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    1. Tänak or Tanak (without ä- letter) not Tannak.
    And Hänninen, not Haninnen, Suninen, not Suninnen, Mikkelsen, not Mikklesen.

13. Likes: pantealex (14th June 2017)