Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 1,860 Times in 889 Posts
    Maybe 2 car DMACK team?

Liked 990 Times in 476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Maybe 2 car DMACK team?
    They would drive for their own manufacturer points? Or M-Sport would have two own cars, two DMACK cars and then it would be decided per each rally who gets manufacturer points?

Liked 43 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Maybe 2 car DMACK team?
    I think something like that could happen. One D-mack car for Suninen, and than one D-mack/Onebet car for Mads

Liked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    DMack probably wouldn`t be able to score manu. points themselves as they don`t produce the Fiesta, same case like Ostberg. Don`t know if they have the resources to pay for 2 WRC.

Liked 990 Times in 476 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    DMack probably wouldn`t be able to score manu. points themselves as they don`t produce the Fiesta, same case like Ostberg. Don`t know if they have the resources to pay for 2 WRC.
    Last year they scored their own points. This year Elfyn has been driving with DMack tyres and sponsorship, but scoring points for M-Sport. If they had two cars, how would that work out? Did the rules change and you cannot have satellite teams anymore?

Liked 48 Times in 33 Posts
    And I was sure he will leave.

Liked 658 Times in 351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    And I was sure he will leave.
    I was equally sure he wouldn't - both Hyundai and Toyota have shown in different ways this season that they are nowhere near VW in preparation and reliability of design. Citroen may be getting better but they really would have had to make a number of changes they probably couldn't stomach to get Ogier to return. He is the mainman and loved at M-Sport and now he has time to develop the fiesta more to his liking.
    Kris Meeke on Fire -VW so terrified they quit!

M-Sport 2x Champions 2017 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,484 Times in 1,881 Posts
    My guess is Ogier will stay and M-Sport will centre on him for the 2018 Driver's title.

They wont worry about the Manu's after winning this year.

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd say the respect is mutual.
    When he went to the factory he made a point of introducing himself to everyone, cleaners included that took longer than was planned.
    He's seen as a gentleman & maybe there's just something about a smaller group of people that'll come on over their Xmas hols to make changes to his car because of who he is & what he's done to this team. There's not a lot of work in that corner of Cumbria.

They've had everything they could want as shown by the recent two day test in Wales. After the tank comment I've never heard a bad word said.

But look at M-Sport. They've so much going on in their racing series that they compete in across the world & of course their rallying side.

Is it like a family-I'd guess so & is there a lot of extra time away from home doing PR ? I doubt it.

Would you step out of the championship winning team in any other form ?

No & the sensible choice is another two years there, developing the car more to his style & long may the dream continue.

11. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 101 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    I know this is off topic but Volkswagen motorsport are going Pikes Peak and with electricity...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/v...kes-peak-race/

I hope that they will not close program after spending too much... hahah joke
    I would expect VW to use Romain Dumas as the driver for the VW Pikes Peak Electric.
    Any chance VW might build two cars and use R Millen as well who has driven electric up Pikes Peak before?