Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It’s really hard to understand your objection to a possible 4 cars rule next year. Anyone should be delighted with it, because it means more official cars to watch and more opportunities for young drivers, making the series even more competitive.

Besides, MSport main target isn’t the manu title (Wilson said it many times) and they’re used to have paying drivers running on their team, so this probably won’t be a logistical and financial nightmare for MSport, like you're predicting.
    It's quite simple. If 4-cars comes in the best driver's will go to the three factory teams who can afford them. M-Sport will be left with juniors and paying gentlemen. They will have no chance in either championship.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Would you drop Latvala or Lappi?

Ogier has said he wants to be at a factory team. And Wilson has said he cannot afford another 2017 season. Even if they got a big sponsor to fund Ogier's salary for 2018, they would still need more funds to further develop the car.
    Latvala

Everyone has said many things, of course Ogier want´s factory seat, so does everyone else also.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I've seen a few people naturally assuming Paddon and Sordo share a car. Do you think Paddon will accept having to share a car for a season? I don't see that happening at all - but again, a fourth car solves everything.
    If there are only 3 cars then he might have to share with Sordo; his pace on Tarmac still isn't good enough. However, as you say, a fourth car would solve that issue. I still think he needs lots more Tarmac experience.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Latvala

Everyone has said many things, of course Ogier want´s factory seat, so does everyone else also.
    You would drop the guy who'd be in the championship fight had his car not broken down?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    You would drop the guy who'd be in the championship fight had his car not broken down?
    Yes.
    and you would drop future world champion.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Camilli definitely has money. Apparently a backer in Monaco.
    At the end of 2015 Wilson said Camilli was a personal bet and not a paying driver. He has a bunch of personal sponsors but none is visible on the car (like those of Suninen), which make believe they’re not running budget contributors. Behind one of those sponsors is Jacques Lions, a French rallyman from the early 70’s (still active in historic events) that owns a perfume company located in Grasse. Camilli has also been helped by other former drivers, like “Tchine” and Nicolas Bernardi.

Anyway, if MSport manages to keep Tanak or Evans alongside the talented Suninen and the reliable Ostberg, they’ll still be strong contenders next year. Fingers crossed.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: AnttiL (8th September 2017)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

Anyway, if MSport manages to keep Tanak or Evans alongside the talented Suninen and the reliable Ostberg, they’ll still be strong contenders next year. Fingers crossed.
    If Tanak (or Ogier) stays, yes. But with just Evans as No.1 with Suninen & Ostberg... no chance.
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: pantealex (10th September 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Id like to see Msport run Evans, Suninen and a paying Ostberg in their team next year, with perhaps the Dmack car being shared by Camilli/ Tidemand across the full year. Would be a very decent line-up all things considered.

However it would not surprise me when Malcolm loses both Seb and Tanak (highly likely), he just decides to run all his team on Dmacks. 'Dmack Msport' is a possibility for next year I think if no backers are found.

Liked 570 Times in 174 Posts
    if Ford will not come back (very likely) and both Ogier and Tänak are leaving (very likely) and M-Sport takes both titles this year (very likely), then i think Malcolm retires at the end of this year (best time ever for retireing)

So there will be a "Dmack Slowsonsport WRT" with paying drivers for many years...

Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    if Ford will not come back (very likely) and both Ogier and Tänak are leaving (very likely) and M-Sport takes both titles this year (very likely), then i think Malcolm retires at the end of this year (best time ever for retireing)

So there will be a "Dmack Slowsonsport WRT" with paying drivers for many years...
    Absolutely no chance MSport/Malcolm retires - bet my life on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. Likes: abxyz (12th September 2017),AnttiL (10th September 2017),Gregor-y (11th September 2017),JUF (10th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017),steve.mandzij (8th September 2017)