Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 1,478 Times in 653 Posts
    Anyone know if Paddon is set to test for GB this week? Reports that he was supposed to do the reccy for Catalunya but didn't show up...

I'm sure he's fuming about losing that seat, Mikkelsen, potentially limited campaign, Ogier rumours etc.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 472 Times in 263 Posts
    Well it's just a rumor Simmi just wrote (haven't seen it else myself).

But if he didn't show up for recce on purpose it's stupid no matter which team he is going to drive for.

Doing recce means getting paid to make notes and record vids of the stages. Having done notes and seen the stages is an asset and only helps in the future.

Unless he decided to stop driving tarmac rallies....

Liked 332 Times in 159 Posts
    Yes he'll be annoyed but he can't complain. He's regressed since the Argentina win well over a season ago (which was meant to be his breakthrough). One or two podiums since then and a string of bad results and crashes is worrying, not to mention non existent pace on the black stuff. The last two events will be massive for him this season. Let's hope he does well as I had high hopes for him and time is still on his side (age and experience wise, although time might be running out with Hyundai who need titles now).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th October 2017)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Gillaine View Post
    So Tanak is seemingly off to Toyota; can you blame him?
    Yes, you can. Stupid move from Tšnak. From the best, fastest and most reliable car to the finnish joke, which is breaking down in every rally. With M-sport he could be champion, with Toyota... Never.

Liked 183 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex009 View Post
    Yes, you can. Stupid move from Tšnak. From the best, fastest and most reliable car to the finnish joke, which is breaking down in every rally. With M-sport he could be champion, with Toyota... Never.
    NOT, is that you?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Likes: br21 (12th October 2017),Hartusvuori (13th October 2017),pantealex (Yesterday),WRC1 (12th October 2017)
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Hearing there's a story in Motoring News suggesting Ogier will either stay at M-Sport or retire..

They report that the French media say Citroen dont have the budget for him and a Hyundai offer has not been made.
    That guy demands are too high. SO what if he is world champion multiple times. He is clearly making fool of everbody and I would be laughing if no one wants him. Then he would accept and not hesitate like he rule the world... Sorry but many guys dream of being just in any team in wrc...

Shame that no one sees Kajetan Kajetanowicz! He won 3rd title of ERC and still they prefer looking for youngsters who have 2 or 3 ralies in wrc behind...

Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Shame that no one sees Kajetan Kajetanowicz! He won 3rd title of ERC and still they prefer looking for youngsters who have 2 or 3 ralies in wrc behind...
    No disrespect but WRC and ERC are worlds apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (12th October 2017),AnttiL (12th October 2017),MartijnS (12th October 2017),pantealex (Yesterday),steve.mandzij (12th October 2017)
    Liked 239 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    That guy demands are too high. SO what if he is world champion multiple times. He is clearly making fool of everbody and I would be laughing if no one wants him. Then he would accept and not hesitate like he rule the world... Sorry but many guys dream of being just in any team in wrc...

Kajetanís performance in WRC2 in Poland wasnít exactly eyecatching, I can see why youngsters, who potentially can develop more, are more in demand than him.

12. Likes: AnttiL (13th October 2017),pantealex (Yesterday)
    Liked 332 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex009 View Post
    Tanak has gone for the money. Every man and his dog knows that.

He has to just hope that 1) He doesn't take too long to adapt to the car and 2) Toyota improve the car on rougher gravel rallies and the cars general reliability.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 3,249 Times in 1,777 Posts
    For once I agree with Colin Clark, it would be a big gamble by Tanak adapting to a new car & team.

Staying at M-Sport in a car & team he knows so well could be his best chance of ever winning the title.

15. Likes: er88 (12th October 2017),rallye-vid (13th October 2017)