Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 140 Times in 70 Posts
    Tänak said that Estonian media picks up tweets (and also forum talk ) too easily and presents them like 100% truth. He also said that he will join /continue in the strongest team, some little details to be cleared before announcing. So...is Toyota really the strongest team and being upset with those tweets that put him in the Toyota. I think there`s something else.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 10th October 2017 at 17:34.

Liked 522 Times in 285 Posts
    Best/Strongest team by results right now is clearly M-Sport.... even without the "continue" part.

Liked 338 Times in 143 Posts
    Haha, the plot thickens! Whatever happens this is a fun silly season, for those who know what's going to happen and for those who don't.

Liked 180 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Tänak said that Estonian media picks up tweets (and also forum talk ) too easily and presents them like 100% truth. He also said that he will join /continue in the strongest team, some little details to be cleared before announcing. So...is Toyota really the strongest team and being upset with those tweets that put him in the Toyota. I think there`s something else.
    Strongest financially, maybe.

Liked 140 Times in 70 Posts
    Maybe, but I don`t think this is the case atm. A little mistake by me actually, he said "the best" not "the strongest". And being a M-sport employee, which is quite comfortabely in the lead of both championships, I don`t think that any other team could be called "the best" atm...maybe Citroen will take next year with ease? Who knows, it`s possible, but imo a bit unreliable cars that are 3. and 4. in the championship can`t be considered the best even now, let alone in the future.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 10th October 2017 at 19:11.

Liked 2,733 Times in 1,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    http://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/tana...as?id=79785120

So, what does Tänak exactly say in the ending of his blog post? Something like "the Estonian media makes jokes about my future but I'll continue in the best team next year"? What does that mean?
    This is exacty what he says, nothing else .

what does he mean with it? only he knows.
    Tänak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

7. Likes: AnttiL (10th October 2017),pantealex (11th October 2017)
    Liked 229 Times in 110 Posts
    I mean, obviously, half of the podcast will be about how great Kris Meeke and Citroen were in Spain
    Well he didn't mention much about Meeke surprisingly. Mainly about Ott and Ogier.

https://www.facebook.com/voiceofrall...6370267525638/

One of the interesting things Colin mentioned was the thought of Ogier waiting to see how the Citroen does in GB before closing his deal.

He also mentions Tanak having a hard time at TGR since they're an all Finn team and he is Estonian. I'm not sure this would be the case, but who knows.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 10th October 2017 at 23:08.

9. Likes: AnttiL (10th October 2017),Eli (10th October 2017),er88 (11th October 2017),pantealex (11th October 2017)
    Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
    Its Malcolm, probably personally, thats invested in Tanak, and im sure he is getting a split of his wages, so he is actually quite glad he is going to Toyota to get a return on his investment.
    The buyout would only exist if Tanak was breaking a contract early. I dont believe this to be the case.
    There was the earlier rumor that Toyota would have to pay M-Sport a "transfer penalty" of Tänak, that would help them keep Ogier, in addition to having less expensive drivers in the team.

Liked 860 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    He also mentions Tanak having a hard time at TGR since they're an all Finn team and he is Estonian. I'm not sure this would be the case, but who knows.
    I wouldn't have thought so as Finland and Estonia are quite close geographically and culturally, and Mäkinen already has links to Estonia where the TGR Fiestas are run from i believe?

Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so as Finland and Estonia are quite close geographically and culturally, and Mäkinen already has links to Estonia where the TGR Fiestas are run from i believe?
    They should be professionals and it does not matter if the driver is Finnish or some other.

13. Likes: pantealex (11th October 2017)