Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 729

Thread: 2018 Teams

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    200
    Like
    0
    Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    Yes. First big mistake is that, why should Toyota pay M-Sport for Tänak, since he himself said (even twice if i remember correctly, one time in a video interview) that he doesn`t have a contract for 2018 and is absolutely free to do what he wants. This was his answer about 2017 season, wether he could have joined another team or not.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th July 2017 at 17:31.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    179
    Like
    0
    Liked 82 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Yes. First big mistake is that, why should Toyota pay M-Sport for Tänak, since he himself said (even twice if i remember correctly, one time in a video interview) that he doesn`t have a contract for 2018 and is absolutely free to do what he wants. This was his answer about 2017 season, wether he have could joined another team or not.
    Maybe Malcolm has a vested interest in Tanak getting properly paid at Toyota.

  3. #163
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,034
    Like
    626
    Liked 864 Times in 416 Posts
    Interview with Latvala's manager Jouhki in Finnish:

    http://www.ksml.fi/urheilu/Se-tuli-k...5a84621c7eef17

    – Tämä nykyinen sopimus on teoriassa 1+1, mutta seuraavasta vuodesta on jo Toyotan kanssa olemassa sopimus
    "this current contract is 1+1 in theory, but there is already a contract for next year with Toyota"

  4. #164
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    1,336
    Liked 2,495 Times in 1,131 Posts
    well no surprise there....i see no reason for Jari to go elsewhere at the moment. And for sure they have already made a deal with Lappi too for next year.
    Tänak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    1,925
    Like
    5,143
    Liked 539 Times in 263 Posts
    What if Ogier decides to go Toyota ?

    Who will leave ?

    Hänninen is already gone, you have to choose someone else...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  6. #166
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    19,611
    Like
    321
    Liked 1,804 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    What if Ogier decides to go Toyota ?
    why would prefer a team that is nothing ?
    The North Will Rise Again

  7. #167
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,034
    Like
    626
    Liked 864 Times in 416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    What if Ogier decides to go Toyota ?

    Who will leave ?

    Hänninen is already gone, you have to choose someone else...
    I don't understand this. Toyota has contracts with Latvala (and probably with Lappi). Most likely Hänninen will retire at the end of this season and his seat could be open for Ogier, Tänak, Mikkelsen or Suninen.

    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    why would prefer a team that is nothing ?
    Ogier repeated again in an interview during his Finland tests that he wants to be in a factory team next year.

  8. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    1,925
    Like
    5,143
    Liked 539 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I don't understand this. Toyota has contracts with Latvala (and probably with Lappi). Most likely Hänninen will retire at the end of this season and his seat could be open for Ogier, Tänak, Mikkelsen or Suninen.
    so You are almost 100% sure that Toyota will have 1 new driver next year ?

    My opinion is: If Ogier comes then they will have 2 new drivers.
    What about Kalle ? to Toyota ? (driving R5 like Japan boys)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  9. #169
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,034
    Like
    626
    Liked 864 Times in 416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    so You are almost 100% sure that Toyota will have 1 new driver next year ?

    My opinion is: If Ogier comes then they will have 2 new drivers.
    What about Kalle ? to Toyota ? (driving R5 like Japan boys)
    Why that is your opinion? I still don't understand. Latvala has a contract and Mäkinen has said in an interview that Lappi is their long-term investment. Meanwhile, Hänninen said in a recent interview that he'll retire competing soon to take care of his family and farm.

    Kalle will probably do next year in BRC and drive some WRC events where he can take part in before being 18, but those with an R5 car as well. Jouhki has good contacts to M-Sport so that's a likely team for him.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    686
    Like
    689
    Liked 338 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't think Makinen will go for Andreas. If he really wanted or rated Mikkelsen, my opinion is he would've already signed him.

    Could've got him last year instead of Jari, and then could have easily sidelined Juho at least for an event or two to give Andreas a drive.

    Now following Mikkelsen's two poor performances with Citroen and Jari's good season, he's hardly going to be more convinced about Mikkelsen's credentials now is he?

    My feeling is Makinen will sign one of Ogier or Tanak, and I wouldn't even rule out Meeke or Suninen. Still, everything depends on Ford and whether they return as a manufacturer or not.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  11. Likes: pantealex (26th July 2017),Rally Power (26th July 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •