Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Latvala/Tanak/Lappi would be some lineup!

Toyota might have the $$$ to tempt him away from M-Sport - although I'm sure Ott has plenty of loyalty to those guys. At the end of the day though it's a short career and these guys deserve paying.

I guess it's not inconceivable that M-Sport could win the manufacturer title and end up losing their two top drivers. But let's see...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    Was thinking about this very issue....Would Toyota want Ogier if they have a happy Latvala? Jari-Matti seems pretty content. Would this not totally throw him off of his game?

I would think that Latvala would stay with Lappi. I agree it would be either Tanak or Mikkelsen. Who would be better in your opinion?
    You build a team around a happy Latvala you get a nearly man. You build your team around Ogier you get titles.

3. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2017)
    Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Tänak would be a threat to Latvala too

5. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2017)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    At rally sardegna Mäkinen said to estonian media that all the drivers have one year contract
    Yep. the same Mäkinen who last year insisted that no drivers were signed all the way till mid-September. Don't know, but I still have a strong feeling (due to way some things have been expressed especially in Finnish interviews) that we haven't been told the whole truth regarding Toyota contracts. Latvala and Lappi will stay for sure - just as sure as Ogier won't be part of the team. Hänninen MUST step up in Finland and then keep on delivering on Germany and Catalunya in order to have any chance to keep his seat. Atleast that's how it looks like. Then again, in his defence there might be something we don't know about Poland for example. If Hänninen doesn't improve his form during the rest of the season, I would bet my money on Suninen entering TGR.

Suninen will prefer M-Sport. He was in TGR and was first victim of VW exit, cause he would be the "Lappi". M-Sport bet on him instead Camilli, so, i think he will try stay in M-Sport.

8. Likes: KKS (5th July 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    You build a team around a happy Latvala you get a nearly man. You build your team around Ogier you get titles.
    Yet Tommi chose Latvala instead of Mikkelsen in December, even though Mikkelsen seemed like clearly the better choice based on 2016 results in same car, so hard to understand them, something about Finnish managers. Then again Lappi has same manager as Mikkelsen.

Re Mikkelsen or Tanak:

Tough choice, Tanak seems better at really pushing when needed to get a good result, but is more keen to crash. Mikkelsen is generally more stable and likely faster on tarmac. Tanak can come with Fiesta 2017 experience. They already have VW experience from Latvala so Mikkelsen would only bring very limited Hyundai experience and C3 experience (prbly not something you need to know ).
    All in all Tanak prbly best choice if you want/need further car development. Mikkelsen if you want to go for manu title straight away.
    Last edited by mknight; 4th July 2017 at 22:04.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Suninen will prefer M-Sport. He was in TGR and was first victim of VW exit, cause he would be the "Lappi". M-Sport bet on him instead Camilli, so, i think he will try stay in M-Sport.
    ...or he will go wherever Timo Jouhki suggests...

11. Likes: N.O.T (5th July 2017),pantealex (5th July 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yet Tommi chose Latvala instead of Mikkelsen in December, even though Mikkelsen seemed like clearly the better choice based on 2016 results in same car, so hard to understand them, something about Finnish managers. Then again Lappi has same manager as Mikkelsen.
    Yeah but you can't compare Ogier to Mikkelsen. With JML vs Mikkelsen there is some debate. The many pages of thread demonstrate this.

With Ogier vs JML there is nothing to say.

13. Likes: pantealex (5th July 2017)
    Humm Toyota paying Tänak off to M-Sport, that money applied in Ogier contract. Suninen number 2.

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...r-bei-m-sport/

15. Likes: AnttiL (13th July 2017)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    That article is Such a bullshit and wrong many ways.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

17. Likes: pantealex (13th July 2017)