Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Mikkelsen on the Deutschland press conference:

Q:
    This was an important result for Citroën but also for you. You said that Germany was your final event for Citroën. Do you have an update on whether you will appear in one of the remaining events this season?
    AM:
    I hope to do all the events. The important thing for me now is to find a place where we can fight for the championship next year. If this is for Citroën or not, I don’t know. But I have done three rallies with them and I enjoyed them. So let’s see if there are some more.
    And Ogier:

Q:
    You said that you wanted to have your future decided before the end of September. We have a little season break now so what will be happening in the next six weeks for you?
    SO:
    I am sure we will know much more in Spain. It would be great for M-Sport to get the full support again. What the team has achieved so far this year is amazing. It has a good lead in the Manufacturers’ Championship as a private team. It would be good to see their efforts rewarded.

Q:
    So if the team got the manufacturer funding you would stay?
    SO:
    Yes, I always mentioned it. It is never easy to switch teams every year. I needed some time this year to get used to the team and the car. This always takes some time. If I could continue and build on what we did this year, I am sure we would be strong. But I also think that we would need a little bit more support to be where I want to be.
    And Wilson

Q:
    Success in the WRC, but also success in the WRC 2 with Eric Camilli taking a win as well, so this has been good for the brand?
    MW:
    Eric had a great rally and he is really showing the promise that we all know he has got. He is really a solid professional driver. This win will further lift his confidence so hopefully Eric can go on to better things as well.

Q:
    What will be going on during the upcoming six week break to keep that fantastic line-up of drivers that you have?
    MW:
    The results tell you that we have a great driver line-up. I would really love to retain all the guys. Whether this is achievable, I genuinely don’t know. If it was all in my power, that is what I would definitely like to be doing.
    And Tidemand

Q:
    So, what happens for the rest of the season? What’s next for Pontus Tidemand?
    PT:
    For sure, Rally GB and also some testing. We don’t know yet about Rally Spain.

Q:
    Will you remain in WRC 2 and defend your title? Or will you be moving on to other things?
    PT:
    I Iive in the moment. No idea.

Q:
    What would you like to do, Pontus?
    PT:
    What do you think?

Q:
    A nice World Rally Car would be good, right?
    PT:
    Yes, that would be good. Soon, it should be time to take this step up. We will see. We’ll just keep working hard and need to get the chance.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 20th August 2017 at 20:57.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Tanak will get a drive for sure... the pain will continue unfortunately for the finish manager kids.
    He was talking about Hanninen.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    He was talking about Hanninen.
    i think that NOT meant that Tänak will get Hanninens drive.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 20th August 2017 at 22:29.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: pantealex (21st August 2017)
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...-abstellgleis/

Matton saying something like they want to plan their future with the drivers nominated for Spain.

Matton again

There are a few rumours going around the service park regarding potential driver transfers for 2018. What is your position on this issue?

"I think everyone knows that the next month is likely to be a busy period as regards driver transfers. As is the case with the development of the car, the priority is to prepare for 2018. We now have a break in the WRC calendar, so we are going to use the month of September to draw up our strategy. In doing so, we are talking to the drivers who could help up to reach our goals. For the time being, nothing has been decided."
    http://int-media.citroen.com/en/citr...argets-germany

Again news in Finnish (probably translated from somewhere, cannot find the original) http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-2&ID=345467

but Ogier says he's talking to everyone and says about next year "Depends on the budget what a team can do. I'm trying to get the best possible car for next year. I started with Citroen and wouldn't be here without them and I'm talking with them. It's possible but nothing more to say now"

EDIT: Ogier also says he doesn't believe in Loeb returning fully, but maybe doing a single rally, and then concludes with "you never know, he has often said Rally is the best"
    Last edited by AnttiL; 21st August 2017 at 11:41.

8. Likes: A FONDO (25th August 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Big dilemma for Ogier there.

Risk going to Citroen and possibly struggle developing the car on gravel? But potentially he can then "outshine" Loeb by winning titles with 3 manufacturers including Citroen.

Or stay at Ford with a now quite developed car. Even without much extra money Fiesta will sure be very good for most of 2018.

Could opt for 1 year extension at M-Sport and see how things work out at Citroen.

Finnish interview with Mäkinen http://www.ts.fi/urheilu/moottoriurh...iela+tekematta

- In the service park rumours Latvala and Lappi are quite confirmed to continue with Toyota. Instead, Hänninen is believed to get fired, but the good results from the previous rallies could change plans. Or can they, team boss Mäkinen?
    - I cannot comment on that quite yet. We haven't made final solutions. There's a long break from rallies and time to think about these things. Also we must ask the opinion of Japan

At the same time, Latvala says he will continue with a WRC car built in Finland without saying the brand directly https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9787178

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    for me it sounds like Ogier to Citroen then. especially when admitting he is talking to them and thanking them from previous years.
    i dont see any other option for him anyway besides msport too but Ford aint coming back.

they will sort out the car sooner than later, i dont think Ogier is too bothered with that.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

It's interesting indeed if both Tänak and Ogier leave M-Sport. It will change M-Sport's profile drastically after being so dominant in 2017, especially if they're replaced with young drivers like Suninen and Camilli