Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 192 Times in 92 Posts
    Hyundai wants to win no matter what the cost. That’s obvious after signing Mikkelsen and having 4 cars runnning. Budget does not seem a concern for them.

I think next year teams will be up another notch hence why Ford needs a bigger budget.

Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
    They could go with 2 teams for each like previous years. And make even more interesting.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hyundai Motorsport:
    -Neuville
    -Mikkelsen
    -Sordo/Paddon

Hyundai Motorsport N:
    -Sordo/Paddon
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Toyota GAZOO Racing:
    -Latvala
    -Hanninen
    -Lappi/Tidemand

TM Racing:
    -Lappi/Tidemand
    M-Sport WRT:
    -Ogier
    -Tanak
    -Evans/Suninen

DMACK WRT:
    -Evans/Suninen
    Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT:
    -Kris Meeke
    -Craig Breen
    -Lefebvre/Loeb/Qassimi

PH-Sport:
    -Lefebvre/Loeb/Qassimi
    OneBet Adapta WRT:
    -Ostberg
    They could easily run 4 cars just for each event nominate in which team would 3rd driver sit. It will be more interesting for manufacturer championship and driver also because 4 seats more in game

Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    1. New WRC cars can be only entered by a manufacturer. Yes, Manu. team no. 2 would be a possibility, but who would pay for it?
    2. Point 1. There would probably be more cars, if there were people rich enough to pay for them. Some outings in Fiesta 2017 don`t count.

Liked 1,164 Times in 556 Posts
    Hard to believe in the Hyundai rumour: there’s not enough room for Ogier and Neuville egos under the same roof and Mikkelsen chances to fight for the title would vanish if Ogier gets in.

Besides, Citroen will be useless without Ogier, so it makes no sense to keep Abu Dhabi partnership if they’re against the Ogier/RB deal. If a private team like MSport is able to make an effort in order to have Ogier, for sure a big manu like PSA can do the same, or better.
    Rally addict since 1982

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th October 2017)
    Liked 7,149 Times in 3,336 Posts

7. Likes: AnttiL (8th October 2017)
    Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ogier?

Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    Yes
    Ummm.... I wouldn`t mind...

But to be serious, pretty much says what he thinks about c3 as a whole package...not good enough to be competitive on every event.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th October 2017 at 20:49.

Liked 192 Times in 92 Posts
    I take that as “I’m stayint with Ford or go to Hyundai”

Liked 82 Times in 46 Posts
    I feel Ogier thinks he is lucky to win championship this year, and relucant to recommit. Also Malcolm said he cant afford to pay him the same for 2018 as 2017. Hyundai will pay whatever he wants.. because they are now desparate to win, and will not win WDC with him in another team. While he might want to join Citroen, maybe they cannot afford his demands, plus the clash with Abu Dhabi and Redbull. Why Tommi Makinen doesnt brake the bank for him, i dont know. The Toyota is a quick car on every surface.. and Ogier knows he can break Latvala.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (8th October 2017)
    Liked 3,253 Times in 1,780 Posts
    All this previously by Ogier, 'I want to get my future sorted out early' ... it was just wishful thinking by him.

Contracts with several teams and undecided manufacturer's in the mix are complex. They inevitably take time and patience.

Something everyone on here needs to learn.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

14. Likes: pantealex (9th October 2017)