Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 353 Times in 172 Posts
    Id like to see Msport run Evans, Suninen and a paying Ostberg in their team next year, with perhaps the Dmack car being shared by Camilli/ Tidemand across the full year. Would be a very decent line-up all things considered.

However it would not surprise me when Malcolm loses both Seb and Tanak (highly likely), he just decides to run all his team on Dmacks. 'Dmack Msport' is a possibility for next year I think if no backers are found.

Liked 213 Times in 70 Posts
    if Ford will not come back (very likely) and both Ogier and Tänak are leaving (very likely) and M-Sport takes both titles this year (very likely), then i think Malcolm retires at the end of this year (best time ever for retireing)

So there will be a "Dmack Slowsonsport WRT" with paying drivers for many years...

Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    if Ford will not come back (very likely) and both Ogier and Tänak are leaving (very likely) and M-Sport takes both titles this year (very likely), then i think Malcolm retires at the end of this year (best time ever for retireing)

So there will be a "Dmack Slowsonsport WRT" with paying drivers for many years...
    Absolutely no chance MSport/Malcolm retires - bet my life on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Likes: abxyz (12th September 2017),AnttiL (10th September 2017),Gregor-y (11th September 2017),JUF (10th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017),steve.mandzij (8th September 2017)
    Liked 337 Times in 142 Posts
    So with the latest developments and according to some rumors we could see:

Citroen: Ogier, Meeke, Breen/Lefebvre/Al Qassimi/Loeb (maybe 4 cars on some events, otherwise rotate as convenient)
    MSport: Evans, Ostberg, Suninen/Camilli (DMACK)
    Hyundai: Neuville, Mikkelsen, Sordo/Paddon (possibly 4 cars, drivers nominated as convenient)
    Toyota: Tanak, Latvala, Lappi (+ Hanninen if bosses in Japan approve money to run 4 cars)

This would be pretty balanced between Hyundai, Toyota and Citroen. Potentially the big player is Ford but the more time passes the less likely that becomes. In any case Hyundai has nicely strengthened it's lineup and will be in the fight for both titles whatever happens next year.

6. Likes: AnttiL (11th September 2017),pantealex (11th September 2017)
    Liked 136 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Absolutely no chance MSport/Malcolm retires - bet my life on that
    Absolutely agree. As long the WRC exists M-Sport will exist as well. And if Malcolm dies someday (I hope that he will get very, very old...) there is still Matthew .

8. Likes: dimviii (10th September 2017),Gregor-y (4th October 2017),pantealex (11th September 2017),Rally Power (11th September 2017),WRC1 (10th September 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    But that`s what eib1 implied...Malcolm will "retire" as he will not travel and lead the team on every event (although happened before, due to personal reasons a securing Ogiers contract) and other M. Wilson will take over.
    He said it himself that it would be nice before he retires/pulls back from the carousel to get the WDC title.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 10th September 2017 at 21:31.

10. Likes: eib1 (11th September 2017)
    Liked 2,642 Times in 1,192 Posts
    i dont know how reliable this guy is but this guy on twitter is spraying a lot of info today.

https://twitter.com/ericdobro/with_replies

Eric Dobro Photos‏ @ericdobro 5h5 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @HartusvuoriWRC @voiceofrally and 2 others
    Seb Ogier looks for a contract for 3 seasons to Citroën

Eric Dobro Photos‏ @ericdobro 5h5 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @HartusvuoriWRC @voiceofrally and 2 others
    Discussion complicated for Ogier to Citroën, because he asks for many guarantees and for a salary deserving of his status.

Eric Dobro Photos‏ @ericdobro 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @ChristianWRC1
    @ChristianWRC1 Ogier was Tuesday, September 3 Citroën racing to Satory ��

Eric Dobro Photos‏ @ericdobro 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @ChristianWRC1
    @ChristianWRC1 Wilson belt free its pilots negotiate another contract, because it has no warranty with Ford for 2018
    Tänak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

Liked 1,846 Times in 883 Posts
    Eric is a "peculiar" person. French mates can explain better

Liked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    His last tweet sounds like a direct opposite to Wilson`s words in that Spanish interview. Although he doesn`t have a guarantee and can`t actually forbid his emlpoys thinking about their future on their free time.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 13th September 2017 at 22:05.

Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    What about Kajetan Kajetanowicz? C'moon