Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    The team with world Champion has 1-2-3 on the cars. Like this year. If Ogier stay with M-Sport, it will M-sport 1 2 3 hyunday 4 5 6 Toyota 7 8 9 and Citroën 10 11 12.
    If ogier goes to other team for example Citroën. The French team gets the 123 and M-sport 456 and so on.
    Yes, those cases are 100% clear. But if Ogier retires, it gets to a situation we have never seen before. And even more so, if he comes back in the middle of a season to a team that he wasn't affiliated with in the beginning of the season.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But if Ogier retires, it gets to a situation we have never seen before.
    There might be something I don't get, but how would that situation differ from the one we had in 2013, when Loeb (as a reigning champ) did only few selected rounds? Loeb had '1' on those rallies he participated in, and for the rest of the rounds Citroens were usually numbered 2, 3 and 10.

3. Likes: pantealex (7th November 2017)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Danis Sordo interview by Nacho Villarin has just been published by Marca.com
    Main points are * Dani confirms he will remain with Hyundai in 2018 and is not looking to move teams. * Dani accepts he will only do some rally's in 2018. * His goal is to win events in 2018 * If asked to by team he would be OK to do some Rallycross events.
    Full interview at http://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/2...21c8b4647.html
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

5. Likes: Rally Power (6th November 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    There might be something I don't get, but how would that situation differ from the one we had in 2013, when Loeb (as a reigning champ) did only few selected rounds? Loeb had '1' on those rallies he participated in, and for the rest of the rounds Citroens were usually numbered 2, 3 and 10.
    The difference is that Loeb was still a Citroen driver from the beginning of the season, making Citroen the 1-2-3 team. Of course, if Ogier retires then M-Sport is the 1-2-3 with no number 1. But would they be then 2, 3 and 14? or 2-3-4 with the next team having 5-6-7? And what if Ogier then comes back later in the season to another team?
    Last edited by AnttiL; 6th November 2017 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Main points are * Dani confirms he will remain with Hyundai in 2018 and is not looking to move teams. * Dani accepts he will only do some rally's in 2018. * His goal is to win events in 2018 * If asked to by team he would be OK to do some Rallycross events.
    Google translated:

Q. Have not your bosses told you anything?
    R. "That next year I'll do fewer races, that's what they told me, they're going to line up three cars, so if there are four drivers and only three seats, we'll have to split up."

Q. Has your status in the team declined since Mikkelsen arrived?
    R. "No. I have my work and they know what they need from me I do it Now there are Neuville and Mikkelsen, who have done a very good race in Wales, and it is not that they have more power, but the fact is that They have been chosen to do the whole championship next year, I hope they do well. "

Q. What is, exactly, your contractual situation for 2018?
    R. "I have a contract with Hyundai."

Q. Is there no clause by which I can demand a complete program?
    R. "Let's see, the agreement that I have is to make the whole World Cup, in the contract it says that I have to run all the races of the championship."
    P. But it will not be like this ...
    R. "No, and I'm not going to protest or fight with them, right now, it's not my priority to do the whole World Cup, what I want, above all, is to win rallies."

Q. The rumor circulates that he could also compete with Hyundai in rallycross next year. That's right?
    R. "Oh, yes, I have no idea how that theme is, if they call me and they pay me, I'll go ..."

P. "Nice photo for the memory", wrote the other day on his Instagram with an image of him on the podium in Wales. Was it a premonition?
    R. "Of course, it's probably the Rally of Wales I'm not going to do again in my life ... That's why the photo is going to be for the memory."

Q. In what rallies will it go then?
    R. "I do not know which ones I'll do yet, or how many, seven or eight I've asked the team to see what they decide."
    Q. Where do you see Ogier next year?
    R. "Maybe he would like to go back to Citroën, but he told me that he is very happy with how they treat him at M-Sport, he feels very valued and he likes the way they work, I think if they find the money they need to Pay him a good salary, he will continue with them. "
    Q. Does your future depend on the record that he moves?
    R. "No. I'm going to run with Hyundai."

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I don't think the numbers thing is too complicated. No one else will take the #1 if Ogier retires. M-Sport will just run 2/3/4.

If Ogier rocks up later in the season for another team he takes the vacant #1. To think all the numbers of full-season manufacturer cars would suddenly change if Ogier arrives is nonsense IMO. Those numbers are all set at the start of the year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: Allez Andruet (6th November 2017),Andre Oliveira (6th November 2017),AnttiL (6th November 2017),TWRC (6th November 2017)
    Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Sordo will only win if Neuville or Mikkelsen isn't right behind him, only MC, as the first round of the new season maybe as a exception. Otherwise there will be teamorders and he has to give up every place he's driving in that moment in favor for Neuville & Mikkelsen. Dani Sordo's rally-career is about to be over, 2018 and possible 2019 he will do the tarmac-rounds and maybe some gravel-events like Portugal, Mexico, Argentina or Italy and that's it. Offcorse he will not protest to his (new) position in the team because he's having a good salary now and possible also for 2019. It's just the money now that's keep's him quiet. He's has no real choice, there are no other options at Citroën or M-Sport, he's really lucky that he's driving in a period with 4 manufacturers otherwise he never could keep his full-seasons status the last three years. Dani Sordo is one of the fastest drivers on tarmac but on non-tarmac for sure not and will never be, he's with Latvala the most experience driver of the field but with some exceptions of a great stage-time he never was really close to winning a non-tarmac event. Good to have him at least in the tarmac-rounds, if Hayden Paddon will do good results in MC (if there's a 4-car) and Sweden i think Paddon will drive all the non-tarmac events and the better the results how more Hyundai is willing to send a fourth car for Paddon to Corsica, Germany and Spain. Paddon's career isn't over for now but his results must be close to that of Neuville and Mikkelsen next year otherwise it's game over i guess and he know's that for sure.
    Last edited by jacko; 6th November 2017 at 11:43.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Sordo will only win if Neuville or Mikkelsen isn't right behind him, only MC, as the first round of the new season maybe as a exception. Otherwise there will be teamorders and he has to give up every place he's driving in that moment in favor for Neuville & Mikkelsen.
    Last time Sordo was ahead of Neuville while both were driving was Spain and Germany 2016. No teamorders then, even though Neuville was fighting for 2nd place in championship (certainly in Spain).

Since then he has never even been in this situation.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Sordo also says he was asked to run 7 or 8 events next year. On the WRX question he was totally surprised and the ‘if they call and pay I’ll run’ sounds like a joke. Overall he admitted to be a bit tired and disappointed, especially with Catalunya bad luck result. Surprisingly, he believes that at this stage of his career it may be more appealing to fight for the win on a handful of events than going for another full season. Best luck to him!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Jarno Saari‏*@SaariJarno
    Allocated car numbers appeared @OfficialWRC in 1995.
    Since then only McRae & Pons have used No.1 without being current champ as #LoebInjured

14. Likes: AnttiL (6th November 2017),pantealex (7th November 2017)