Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 208 Times in 69 Posts
    Lukyanuk

2. Likes: WRC1 (Today)
    Liked 332 Times in 159 Posts
    Im sure Suninen will drive for Msport next year, just don't know whether he'll be in a Dmack shod car or run with Michelins.

There's really no point in Evans continuing with Dmacks now, he needs to step up to Michelin rubber to get a better idea of his level against the others. As it is now, whenever he has a superb result it can be attributed to the tyres, and when he has an awful result it's the same. Big season for him next year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,478 Times in 653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Hyundai will have 2 car R5 team, Huttunen is second driver, other have great experience and is very fast. (Not driver from Finland or Sweden) I´m not going tell more, don´t ask
    Kopecky would be my guess. Get the thing sorted on tarmac and still very quick on gravel.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 1,478 Times in 490 Posts
    For "first" WRC2 driver it would make sense for Hyundai to let Paddon or Sordo do the job... Both are experienced and very fast. One of them will be demoted to 4th driver anyway, maybe a program consisting of WRC2 + additional events with WRC for the unluckiest of the 2? I don't see why Hyundai should attract an extra driver, while they already have 4 drivers who deserve a WRC seat.

6. Likes: dupanton (Today),electroliquid (Today),Mirek (Today)
    Liked 44 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    My guess is Duval...
    My guess is Conrad Rautenbach

8. Likes: Allez Andruet (Today),pantealex (Today)
    Liked 514 Times in 252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    For "first" WRC2 driver it would make sense for Hyundai to let Paddon or Sordo do the job... Both are experienced and very fast. One of them will be demoted to 4th driver anyway, maybe a program consisting of WRC2 + additional events with WRC for the unluckiest of the 2? I don't see why Hyundai should attract an extra driver, while they already have 4 drivers who deserve a WRC seat.
    I hope there is no mandatory events so both Paddon and Sordo can drive full WRC2 season
    6 rallies for both and 7th to that driver who needs it more or if both needs Huttunen can drive 3rd WRC18...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Tidemand still has an option for one year at Skoda, but I'm sure he would like to already step up to WRC. There was a rumor of Kopecky going elsewhere, but I guess it didn't work out after all. I'm guessing Skoda will have Kopecky and Veiby next year. Nordgren's performance in Wales will probably be crucial for his next year drives.

Now there's really only one moving part in the puzzle and it's Ogier. If he stays at M-Sport, there's one vacant seat of Tänak's (assuming he's off to Toyota). If Ogier goes to Citroen or retires, there's two seats at M-Sport. And there's three potential drivers for those seats: Suninen, Camilli and Tidemand. And finally, we don't know if Evans is going to do another year in the DMack car or drive just for M-Sport.
    Tbh i don't really see Camilli have a chance to step up to WRC next year unless he got some funding to run as privateer. Tbh i liked him and he's getting consistent this year

I still believe:
    1. he had no fund/much less money than people thought him as pay driver
    2. he went to top class too premature. with only 3-4 gravel rallies & 1 season on 4WD car before jumping into WRC car is not ideal

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
    About Camilli.. I think that he have no chance, maybe, just maybe if there will be two cars at DMACK (they wanted to have 2 this year). But that are just thoughts. What I saw he is doing better when he was not signed for WRC2 points.

About Hyundai and someone mention 2 cars in WRC2 category. Huttunen is obviously 2nd driver if that is true. And I think that Chewon Lim wouldn't be first because he isn't at that level. My thoughts is that Paddon will be there. He is fast and because of his dissaster season it's logic. But what I read and someone said that before, Hyundai New Zealand is prepare to pay for him for whole season at top level. And that Toyota is interest for that market there but Hyundai's there are determined for him.. I think that they would not put Sordo down, that would be embarrassing. And also looking for another driver is pointless.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Paddon stepping back to WRC2 i can see happening, But i think Sordo would rather quit than go to WRC2.