Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    My guess is Ogier will stay and M-Sport will centre on him for the 2018 Driver's title.

They wont worry about the Manu's after winning this year.

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts
    I'd say the respect is mutual.
    When he went to the factory he made a point of introducing himself to everyone, cleaners included that took longer than was planned.
    He's seen as a gentleman & maybe there's just something about a smaller group of people that'll come on over their Xmas hols to make changes to his car because of who he is & what he's done to this team. There's not a lot of work in that corner of Cumbria.

They've had everything they could want as shown by the recent two day test in Wales. After the tank comment I've never heard a bad word said.

But look at M-Sport. They've so much going on in their racing series that they compete in across the world & of course their rallying side.

Is it like a family-I'd guess so & is there a lot of extra time away from home doing PR ? I doubt it.

Would you step out of the championship winning team in any other form ?

No & the sensible choice is another two years there, developing the car more to his style & long may the dream continue.

4. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th October 2017),pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    I know this is off topic but Volkswagen motorsport are going Pikes Peak and with electricity...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/v...kes-peak-race/

I hope that they will not close program after spending too much... hahah joke
    I would expect VW to use Romain Dumas as the driver for the VW Pikes Peak Electric.
    Any chance VW might build two cars and use R Millen as well who has driven electric up Pikes Peak before?

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They wont worry about the Manu's after winning this year.
    And why they won't worry? Sure they will if they have the chance.

And why they won't worry? Sure they will if they have the chance.
    Because if they can keep Ogier they wont be able to afford another top driver, so their Championship chances will be low.

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Because if they can keep Ogier they wont be able to afford another top driver, so their Championship chances will be low.
    Tänak drove for free. I imagine there is loads of driver who would drive for free. Even Slowberg.

9. Likes: pantealex (25th October 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    They have Evans and he have some good results this year: 6, 6, 9, 2, 6, 8, 2, 6, 7 (with DMACK tyres). And 2 more round to come. I'm sure he will score some good scores, now with Ott gone he is obvious 2nd driver in the team so he would get Michelin rubber and be maybe even better next year.

All will be different if Ogi will left, then they are screwed...

They are not driving for free, they still have payed a lot more in one year than most of you guys will ever get payed in lifetime... It's just not as high as Ogier like 10 millions per year...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    They are not driving for free
    In a factory team such as Toyota, Hyundai or Citroen, the factory is paying for your racing expenses and your salary. In M-Sport, there's no factory paying the bills and the funding is not so straightforward. Most M-Sport drivers have external sponsors and backers to cover the expenses and to get some salary as well. It's been said that Tänak didn't get salary from M-Sport until this season and that Evans's racing expenses are covered by DMack sponsorship and his salary comes mainly from Red Bull sponsorship. If you look at Suninen's car, there's a lot of sponsor decals. And it's been said that Camilli has private backers to support his career. However, it could be that Evans is in the same position at M-Sport as Tänak was this year, driving without the support of external sponsors.

12. Likes: pantealex (25th October 2017)
    Tony Simpson presenter on Absolute Rally saying he has it on good authority that Ogier IS staying at M-Sport for 2018.

14. Likes: Andre Oliveira (27th October 2017),AnttiL (27th October 2017),Eli (27th October 2017)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Nothing real surprisingly