Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    fiesta never was slow car,actyally was up to the game with rivals,and much easier to setup.
    Differences you are talking belongs at 99% to drivers.Same with Polo era vs fiesta and ds3.
    I'd say there was a clear difference in performance over time, not that it was slow, just that it was slower vs competition than in the first year. Also compare Østberg in DS3 and next year same driver with Fiesta. Certainly much of the "difference" can come from the eye of the beholder.

However, Ogier said clearly why he wanted factory support. To keep the development/testing up to stay competitive. Since all teams except M-Sport are factory teams, there was only one recent example to go by for him.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

However, Ogier said clearly why he wanted factory support. To keep the development/testing up to stay competitive. Since all teams except M-Sport are factory teams, there was only one recent example to go by for him.
    while Ogier wants to be champion,that is not wanted without a proper salary.
    Ogier if he left M sport will be for money,not because fiesta will not evolute as c3 or i20.
    Plenty of years without Ford money,and they were up to top level,at wrc,at r5,at everything they build.
    Of course Malcolm has to push through interviews,for Ford money.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, they didn`t spend so much on constant development as the others that`s for sure (there were some factual numbers, which showed that quite well). They were up there but mostly because some events weren`t so demanding and/or drivers were comfortable. Not that i am saying they had a bad car. As for the salary, i think that could be managed by sponsors and he has said it himself, that it`s not the main thing, title winning equipment is and he also would like to stay in one team. Everything else is more expensive, know-how, machinery, development+ cars. In recent private years each car was used for the whole season and beyond (00050th served both Evans and Ostberg), with some older cars in reserve. Today Ogier has his third car, Tänak second...
    Last edited by Tarmop; 21st August 2017 at 16:54.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    If you look at how quick the Fiesta was in Sardinia, Poland, Finland and Germany, I think it's unfair to say that it's behind in terms of development... I would even say it differently. I think Hyundai started the year with some advantage, and for me it seems they lost it.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    It`s not about now, it`s about next year, as MW said that he is using his own savings this season and they can`t continue this next year.

6. Likes: AnttiL (21st August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017),Rally Power (21st August 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Yep, MSport can be Ogier first choice if Ford fully supports, or not even the last one if it doesn’t. Without Ford money Wilson can’t reasonably keep Ogier on the team; the French hardly will accept another year of reduced salary and would probably demand costly car developments, in order to make it more suitable to his driving style.

Besides Ford, any of the other manus can still be a option for him:

Citroen looks like an emotional choice. The opportunity to drive the French team into a new winning path and to become a national hero like Loeb, is probably the strongest motivation to go back.

Toyota would be the money choice. We know that Makinen tends to Tanak, but Mr. Toyoda also has a say and knowing that the 4 (near 5) times champ is available can be quite irresistible.

Hyundai would be the rational choice. They’re currently the best team and got the best car. Nadan is always saying that their drivers are under contract for 2018, but we know contracts aren’t bulletproof. Getting the guy that managed to took them away two certain titles is their best ticket to finally become champs.

Anyway, besides the best season for ages, we’re also having a quite entertaining WRC summer break…
    Rally addict since 1982

8. Likes: AnttiL (21st August 2017),pantealex (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    i havent seen mentioned it here but MIkkelsen saying on Red Bull TV Sunday highlights that he will definitely drive this year again.

about next year he says the things will be decided in next two weeks or definitely in a month. not speaking about himself but overall about all drivers etc.

at least we will have an interesting summer break time.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: AnttiL (21st August 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Would be interesting to see Andreas do a drive or with a different car before 2017 is done.

12. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i havent seen mentioned it here but MIkkelsen saying on Red Bull TV Sunday highlights that he will definitely drive this year again.
    It goes like this:
    Q: "Will we see you in (the?) car again this year"

A:"Yeah, I do believe that."

(around 33:15 here:
    https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1QJD...:live_programs )
    Last edited by mknight; 21st August 2017 at 21:29.

Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Yes but as you see he is saying it very confidently
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: pantealex (22nd August 2017)