Hyundai could still reshuffle 2018 WRC drivers

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...8-wrc-drivers/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Hyundai could still reshuffle 2018 WRC drivers

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...8-wrc-drivers/
    All I can read into this is that Nandan doesn't want to come out and flat say that he's created a driver hierarchy within the team. But it clearly seems that this is the case.

There's no way they will rotate Thierry or Andreas next year unless they have some sort of Meeke-style meltdown and the championship is gone. The big question is how many rounds car they afford to run four cars, and/or will Dani and Hayden be able to bring sponsors to the table to ensure more rounds.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    On Michelins he wouldn´t have won. That´s for sure. Tyres played a big role, so win on Michelin, no. Maybe podium for Evans in that case.
    To me it´s 50/50, maybe also win with Michelin, he really did drive very well.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    I on the other hand seriously doubt that he had won with Michelin...For sure he did drive well but for me he just isnt on the same level as this years championship TOP4 guys who he did beat. And previous years in WRC class and last year in WRC2 class didnt convince me too.

but the thing is, it is very difficult to tell...maybe indeed he has made a huge progress and now is on the same level? i guess we will find out next season.

5. Likes: AnttiL (2nd November 2017),pantealex (3rd November 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I on the other hand seriously doubt that he had won with Michelin...For sure he did drive well but for me he just isnt on the same level as this years championship TOP4 guys who he did beat. And previous years in WRC class and last year in WRC2 class didnt convince me too.

but the thing is, it is very difficult to tell...maybe indeed he has made a huge progress and now is on the same level? i guess we will find out next season.
    Evans won and I'm happy he is in the club of WRC rallys winner because he is a nice and talented guy. Hat off to him for all the commitment he showed throughout the years. But let's be honest, he has never been near the TOP guys in terms of pace as you rightfully say. I don't think he just woke up with 0.5s/km more speed in his right foot. DMACK have had a role there, and for me it's not difficult to say.

Anyway DMACK season seems to be an improving one, because you drive with the excuse of the tires if things goes wrong. It worked with Tanak, because it gives you much less pressure and you can focus on improving your mind and your driving. I'm sure that for the same reason Evans is now a stronger driver than before, but with michelins I don't think he would have won.
    Last edited by AL14; 2nd November 2017 at 15:39.

7. Likes: AnttiL (2nd November 2017),EstWRC (2nd November 2017),pantealex (3rd November 2017)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    I have to admit that Evans had advantage's on Rally GB - namely DMACK's & competing on his home stages - but he absolutely maximised them.

He was consistently fast, made no mistakes in very tricky conditions with his lower start order & held his nerve perfectly under the pressure of his first WRC win.

I believe he would've won on Michelin's, just that it would've been closer.
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: AL14 (2nd November 2017),pantealex (3rd November 2017),Rally Power (2nd November 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Finnish members - do you think Jouhki would be interested in the Dmack drive for Suninen - for the reasons listed above (relatively lack of pressure/some events with tyre advantage/very much a third car/proven progression to works team)?

Or would he want to get Teemu in a full Michelin car on a level field with the factory drivers?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts

Meeke hasn't been on the same level as the top 4 this season (even if you ignore how iffy the car has been) yet has won two events, and it would've been 3 had the car not blown up in Corsica. Lappi isn't on the same level as those guys either but he won in Finland.

Point is, even if Evans isn't on the same level doesnt mean he can't win a specific event like Wales even if he was on Michelins. He absolutely dominated it, made no mistakes throughout unlike Thierry and Seb. He also had a poorer road position. We will likely never know, but I think he would've done enough to win on Michelins. Superb drive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd November 2017),Mintexmemory (2nd November 2017),pantealex (3rd November 2017)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    I meant speedwise, Meeke for me definitely is on the same same level speed wise as TOP4 guys and Mikkelsen, consistency wise of course not.

Like i said, he did drive well and hats off but i cant agree that he had won with MIchelins too. This is just my opinion.

AL14 sums pretty much up what i wanted to say.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 2nd November 2017 at 16:42.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Finnish members - do you think Jouhki would be interested in the Dmack drive for Suninen - for the reasons listed above (relatively lack of pressure/some events with tyre advantage/very much a third car/proven progression to works team)?

Or would he want to get Teemu in a full Michelin car on a level field with the factory drivers?
    If the choice is 6 rallies with own funding and Michelins or full season with DMacks, I think full season is better.

15. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd November 2017),pantealex (3rd November 2017),Rally Power (2nd November 2017),Sub_Skoda (2nd November 2017)