Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 1,533 Times in 674 Posts
    Again I just don't think there's much point speculating too much until we know 3 vs 4 cars. That literally changes everything.

I've seen a few people naturally assuming Paddon and Sordo share a car. Do you think Paddon will accept having to share a car for a season? I don't see that happening at all - but again, a fourth car solves everything.

Do people think that Loeb would still do 3-4 rallies at Citroen if Ogier is there? To what extent has time healed their relationship, and also, would Citroen still need that PR boost if they had Ogier and a #1 on the door?
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

Liked 980 Times in 469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Again I just don't think there's much point speculating too much until we know 3 vs 4 cars. That literally changes everything.
    It doesn't really change that much anymore. Like said, Hyundai has four drivers. M-Sport has been regularly showing up with 4-5 Fiestas even though not all of them have been manu points scorers. Toyota has Hänninen and Citroen Lefebvre to put in the fourth car or to put aside if the rules allow only three cars.

I've seen a few people naturally assuming Paddon and Sordo share a car. Do you think Paddon will accept having to share a car for a season?
    What other options does he have? Leave and go to New Zealand to have fun in an AP4 car? Get a budget for an M-Sport Fiesta?

Of course sharing the car could mean occasional four car outings in selected events, but still no full season for either Sordo nor Paddon.

Do people think that Loeb would still do 3-4 rallies at Citroen if Ogier is there? To what extent has time healed their relationship, and also, would Citroen still need that PR boost if they had Ogier and a #1 on the door?
    Also interesting question considering it's nowhere near confirmed that Loeb would do any competitive WRC rallies anymore. But if he will, I don't think Citroen finds a problem with that, as it will still be a big PR boost even if Ogier is driving for them.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 8th September 2017 at 11:15.

3. Likes: Rally Power (8th September 2017)
    Liked 101 Times in 75 Posts
    Hyundai should wake up and realise they need an official r5 asia pacific team (with hankook rally tyres http://www.hankookmotorsport.com/) to take some of the attention that the skoda mrf team gets for winning all the time.
    I think hyundai might find it might take at least a season to gain the experience of the asia pacific rounds to compete with settings, conditions, logisitics etc
    http://dealers.skoda-auto.com/663/en-IN skoda monte carlo etc
    https://youtu.be/M-bQyZ7ZpNA mfr tyre tv ad

Paddon and reeves and an asian driver for the local fans. run the team out of aus where there are engineering facilities.
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 8th September 2017 at 12:36.

5. Likes: electroliquid (8th September 2017),Rally Hokkaido (9th September 2017),tommeke_B (8th September 2017)
    M-Sport 2x Champions 2017 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,460 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It’s really hard to understand your objection to a possible 4 cars rule next year. Anyone should be delighted with it, because it means more official cars to watch and more opportunities for young drivers, making the series even more competitive.

Besides, MSport main target isn’t the manu title (Wilson said it many times) and they’re used to have paying drivers running on their team, so this probably won’t be a logistical and financial nightmare for MSport, like you're predicting.
    It's quite simple. If 4-cars comes in the best driver's will go to the three factory teams who can afford them. M-Sport will be left with juniors and paying gentlemen. They will have no chance in either championship.

Liked 567 Times in 275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Would you drop Latvala or Lappi?

Ogier has said he wants to be at a factory team. And Wilson has said he cannot afford another 2017 season. Even if they got a big sponsor to fund Ogier's salary for 2018, they would still need more funds to further develop the car.
    Latvala

Everyone has said many things, of course Ogier want´s factory seat, so does everyone else also.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I've seen a few people naturally assuming Paddon and Sordo share a car. Do you think Paddon will accept having to share a car for a season? I don't see that happening at all - but again, a fourth car solves everything.
    If there are only 3 cars then he might have to share with Sordo; his pace on Tarmac still isn't good enough. However, as you say, a fourth car would solve that issue. I still think he needs lots more Tarmac experience.

Liked 211 Times in 114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Latvala

Everyone has said many things, of course Ogier want´s factory seat, so does everyone else also.
    You would drop the guy who'd be in the championship fight had his car not broken down?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 567 Times in 275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    You would drop the guy who'd be in the championship fight had his car not broken down?
    Yes.
    and you would drop future world champion.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,224 Times in 580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Camilli definitely has money. Apparently a backer in Monaco.
    At the end of 2015 Wilson said Camilli was a personal bet and not a paying driver. He has a bunch of personal sponsors but none is visible on the car (like those of Suninen), which make believe they’re not running budget contributors. Behind one of those sponsors is Jacques Lions, a French rallyman from the early 70’s (still active in historic events) that owns a perfume company located in Grasse. Camilli has also been helped by other former drivers, like “Tchine” and Nicolas Bernardi.

Anyway, if MSport manages to keep Tanak or Evans alongside the talented Suninen and the reliable Ostberg, they’ll still be strong contenders next year. Fingers crossed.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: AnttiL (8th September 2017)
    M-Sport 2x Champions 2017 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,460 Times in 1,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

Anyway, if MSport manages to keep Tanak or Evans alongside the talented Suninen and the reliable Ostberg, they’ll still be strong contenders next year. Fingers crossed.
    If Tanak (or Ogier) stays, yes. But with just Evans as No.1 with Suninen & Ostberg... no chance.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

14. Likes: pantealex (10th September 2017)