Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    For 2018 Kris has #1 car, Breen #2..
    Except if Ogier still sign with them, then all will move down: Kris #2, Breen/Lefebvre/Qassimi/Loeb #3

Biggest mistery is M-Sport. These drivers are in the game, but probably only 3 cars, maybe 4, I'm not sure:
    -Elfyn Evans
    -Sebastien Ogier
    -Teemu Suninen
    -Mads Ostberg
    -Pontus Tidemand
    -Eric Camilli
    ...and maybe Kalle Rovanperra
    Not Rovanperä yet. But everyone else, yes. Although I thought Evans was already confirmed. If the likes of Tidemand, Camilli and Suninen will find budgets, Malcolm is happy to run as many cars as they let him enter (was that 6?)

2. Likes: AL14 (27th October 2017),Mintexmemory (27th October 2017),pantealex (27th October 2017)
    Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    For 2018 Kris has #1 car, Breen #2..
    Except if Ogier still sign with them, then all will move down: Kris #2, Breen/Lefebvre/Qassimi/Loeb #3

Biggest mistery is M-Sport. These drivers are in the game, but probably only 3 cars, maybe 4, I'm not sure:
    -Elfyn Evans
    -Sebastien Ogier
    -Teemu Suninen
    -Mads Ostberg
    -Pontus Tidemand
    -Eric Camilli
    ...and maybe Kalle Rovanperra
    IMO Kalle is surely not drive the WRC car, for next year. need to wait until 2019..

4. Likes: AnttiL (27th October 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Colin and Becs are talking right now and I think I heard about Suninen, that he will not do the whole season in WRC car. 6 events... Somebody correct me

And about Kalle that he need first good season in WRC2 before stepping up.

Colin and Becs are talking right now and I think I heard about Suninen, that he will not do the whole season in WRC car. 6 events... Somebody correct me
    It was Colin talking with Jouhki about some of his young drivers, but Colin wasn't sure if he meant Suninen or Rovanperä. Rovanperä will do 6 events.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    what do you not understand. He is in yr 2 of a 3yr contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    C'mon then o wise one, which part and why?

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    what do you not understand. He is in yr 2 of a 3yr contract.
    ....and have you never heard of 'break clauses,
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    ....and have you never heard of 'break clauses,
    Total nonsense... M-Sport is not interested in any driver who is expecting to get paid and have not bunch of sponsors behind him..

And is the only team with available seats, so they will go with someone that can drive for free. Meeke is not one of them.

Citroen is not that stupid either that they will dropped him if he still have contract. They will still have to pay him for a year and he is not driving, so they need to get new driver and let's face it, if they complaining about costs they will sure not hire another driver if they have others signed already.

And they have Breen, Lefebvre, Qassimi and all three is still not capable of winning the events.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    If the likes of Tidemand [snip] will find budgets, Malcolm is happy to run as many cars as they let him enter (was that 6?)
    Even Management have said in a quite recent interview that they categorically do not pay to put drivers in WRC cars. As the moment you start to pay for a seat, that is expected of you, and you are branded a pay-driver. A WRC car is so expensive to fund, that by doing so, they are setting themselves up for an impossible task. It doesn't matter what your name is, they will never pay for a seat.
    They can choose to let the driver drive for free. That's the reason why Mikkelsen did not drive for DMACK in 2017. DMACK wanted money, Mikkelsen and Even Management don't spend money. However, Mikkelsen have been doing the Citroën events, and will be doing the Hyundai events for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    However, Mikkelsen have been doing the Citroën events, and will be doing the Hyundai events for free.
    He still gets VW money this year?

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    He still gets VW money this year?
    No idea. The only thing that was said, is that this year he have been driving for free in the WRC cars. Which can mean he still get VW money, or it can mean that by driving for other companies he willingly let go of the rest of the VW money (as it was not said that he drove for free for Skoda).