Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    951
    Like
    16
    Liked 83 Times in 60 Posts

    AP4 News - Asia-Pacific

    AP4 News thread for Asia Pacific. Similar to the R5 News thread for Europe.

    Tasmania's Marcus Walkem for Australian Rally championship Peugeot 208 AP4 - left hand steer. http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...p4-peugeot-208

    July's NZ Performance Car has an article on Dylan Turner's (Choice Performance Ltd constructed) Audi A1 AP4 - 1600cc Vanik Motorsport 'R5' engine etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    291
    Like
    347
    Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Is that 208 actually a real AP4, ie built on a Force Motorsport jig AP4?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Is that 208 actually a real AP4, ie built on a Force Motorsport jig AP4?
    Hawkeswood's jig isn't the only way you can build an AP4. The AP4 regs on the MSNZ website show ''utizing an approved 'AP4 bodyshell jig' or dimensional specifications (as appropriate)"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    291
    Like
    347
    Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfush View Post
    Hawkeswood's jig isn't the only way you can build an AP4. The AP4 regs on the MSNZ website show ''utizing an approved 'AP4 bodyshell jig' or dimensional specifications (as appropriate)"
    I did see that, I was meaning that his is the only approved jig I was aware of... Who else has one?

    For example the only AP4 in Oz that I know of currently competing is Eli's and that was done at Force, implying that perhaps there isn't a jig over the other side of the ditch currently?

    Mind you I am just a fellow competitor, not a constructor, so I don't know much about it.

  5. #5
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bellagio
    Posts
    2,080
    Like
    20
    Liked 86 Times in 42 Posts
    I believe that there are now two other 'approved' jigs in NZ but none in Australia.
    Your questions about the Aussie AP4 cars are valid.
    Scuttlebutt is that, after signing up to the concept in agreement with MNZ, CAMS has experienced some dissention from a couple of prominent players and, with their championship about as pathetic as the APRC, they've buckled to the pressure.
    I would be surprised if any of the cars not built in NZ, (including the two Aussie cars recently publicised, the two Mitsubishis and the Japanese Vitz), actually comply with the specifications.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    291
    Like
    347
    Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    I believe that there are now two other 'approved' jigs in NZ but none in Australia.
    Your questions about the Aussie AP4 cars are valid.
    Scuttlebutt is that, after signing up to the concept in agreement with MNZ, CAMS has experienced some dissention from a couple of prominent players and, with their championship about as pathetic as the APRC, they've buckled to the pressure.
    I would be surprised if any of the cars not built in NZ, (including the two Aussie cars recently publicised, the two Mitsubishis and the Japanese Vitz), actually comply with the specifications.
    Thanks Bruce, makes sense, Australian's may not like that we have come up with the sensible ideas too...!

    Who built the bits for the Harry Bates Toyota? Was that done at the same time as the one for Carl Davies, or was it completely separate?

  7. #7
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bellagio
    Posts
    2,080
    Like
    20
    Liked 86 Times in 42 Posts
    Two separate builds. Carl's car built in NZ to the regulations.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •