Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    6 races in, 3 good, 3 awful - and this fell into the later category. F1 needs to really look at the tracks and look to ensure free flowing racing, with no corners which force cars into single file.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Kimi looks pissed. I'm so disappointed. Uh.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Kimi looks pissed. I'm so disappointed. Uh.
    Ohh yeah, that's not a happy chappy.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    6 races in, 3 good, 3 awful - and this fell into the later category. F1 needs to really look at the tracks and look to ensure free flowing racing, with no corners which force cars into single file.
    F1 has always had different circuit types though.

I would hate to see one track on the calendar because it makes every race awesome.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    Nearly half way through and this is dire. Starting to think Bernie's random sprinklers idea should be implemented.
    Why? Let's be honest. Monaco is terrible race track. The best strategy there is to get the best position in the qualifying, and then hope to preserve your points in the race. The idea that this is the most important GP of the season is preposterous.

What can I say about this race? Monaco GP is being the classic Monaco GP. The strategy here is to qualify as well as you can, then try to hang onto your points. Nothing interesting happened in this race.

Vettel won most likely because Ferrari decided to pit Raikkonen first, allowing Vettel a few good laps in clean air. There. I said it.

Now, I gotta say that the greatest thing about the Monaco GP is that once we are done with it, it is followed by truly exciting races, like Canada and the classic European GPs like the British, Italian, and Belgian GPs. Those are the GPs everyone is waiting for the rest of the season.

I have seen lots of good Monaco GP's that I have really enjoyed. F1 is not always about passing.

However with modern cars and professional levels it is harder to get a good race here. Passing used to be possible. Also more drivers made errors leading to some great action over the years. F1 as it is now has outgrown Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    What can I say about this race? Monaco GP is being the classic Monaco GP. The strategy here is to qualify as well as you can, then try to hang onto your points. Nothing interesting happened in this race.

Vettel won most likely because Ferrari decided to pit Raikkonen first, allowing Vettel a few good laps in clean air. There. I said it.
    To be fair 4 finishers in 96 is interesting. Coulthard starting last and finishing 5th is interesting. Monaco 1984 was good. The ending in 1992 was epic.

The 2004 race was a cracker IMO. 2005 was decent. Battles and overtaking.

2008 was good.

Since then racing has gotten too professional to make racing here as good as it was.

Even last year was OK

9. Likes: zako85 (28th May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    To be fair 4 finishers in 96 is interesting. Coulthard starting last and finishing 5th is interesting. Monaco 1984 was good. The ending in 1992 was epic.
    Let's stay relevant and limit the attention span to say the last 10 years. Yes, there is a surprise here and there, but most of the time it's a glamorous procession. It's an important race in the F1 calendar, and everyone wants to win there, but I wish the press stopped hyping this race as if it was the most important race of all season.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´m gutted for Kimis sake, poor fellow!

12. Likes: Tazio (28th May 2017)