Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Would be nice to see Kimi winning, but since Vettel qualified just behind him it was no surprise at all Vettel would get the better strategy. I'm sure Kimi will win a race this season if he keeps this up.

Ericsson's retirement was very, very awkward.
    Last edited by BigWorm; 28th May 2017 at 16:36.

2. Likes: Integrale (28th May 2017),Mia 01 (28th May 2017)
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Unlike the NBCSN crew in America, I don't think Vettel got first because of his laps before pitting. I think Ferrari told Kimi to be competitive with his times but not Too Competitive.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

4. Likes: Mia 01 (29th May 2017)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Funny how people are bitching at Ferrari, but not at Red Bull who gave Danny Ric the same strategy as Vettel and he overtook max.

Maybe if Kimi was not so slow before his stop things may have been different, or should Vettle have slowed down to Kimi pace before his stop to allow Kimi to stay in front?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    Funny how people are bitching at Ferrari, but not at Red Bull who gave Danny Ric the same strategy as Vettel and he overtook max.

Maybe if Kimi was not so slow before his stop things may have been different, or should Vettle have slowed down to Kimi pace before his stop to allow Kimi to stay in front?
    I am dubious about both RBR and Ferraris strategy. Had Ferrari pitted Vettel one lap later as Mercedes normally do then I would be of the same opinion as you, that it wasn't planned. Leaving him out for a number of laps when the 1-2 wasn't under threat is a clear stitch up and to be frank, it's undeniable.

It's typical Ferrari. Lets face it, their MO is to have a number one driver and Vettel is it.

Anyway, definitely the worst GP in living memory. I can't remember a GP I found as boring as that in a very long time. Roll on Canada.

7. Likes: Mia 01 (29th May 2017)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I am dubious about both RBR and Ferraris strategy. Had Ferrari pitted Vettel one lap later as Mercedes normally do then I would be of the same opinion as you, that it wasn't planned. Leaving him out for a number of laps when the 1-2 wasn't under threat is a clear stitch up and to be frank, it's undeniable.

It's typical Ferrari. Lets face it, their MO is to have a number one driver and Vettel is it.

Anyway, definitely the worst GP in living memory. I can't remember a GP I found as boring as that in a very long time. Roll on Canada.
    Despite being undeniable I'm going to do just that. Raikkonen simply wasn't on Vettel's pace which was pretty obvious by Vettel going from 1.17s behind Raikkonen to 1.15s in clear air. Even with that pace Vettel only managed to leave the pits a handful of car lengths ahead. Ferrari are either really good judges of how the pit stops will play out or they simply let things play out on the track.

Was Vettel winning better for the championship? Yes. Did Ferrari have to play silly games with pit stops to get that result? No. They could have simply told the Finn move over. It's their "MO" after all.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    People moan when drivers do all but the same strategy (i.e pitting one lap later) and people moan when drivers do different things.

If it was a team decision then so be it. Maybe Vettel was just plain faster if he pitted first or second. Either way it was perfect for Ferrari
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Not even Russia? At least we had the skill of precision driving around Monaco and some incident around the pit stops and the last 15 laps.

Russia nothing happen after lap 1. I would rate yesterday as 3/10. Russia 1/10 all day
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Not even Russia? At least we had the skill of precision driving around Monaco and some incident around the pit stops and the last 15 laps.

Russia nothing happen after lap 1. I would rate yesterday as 3/10. Russia 1/10 all day
    Despite having a bad race here and there, Russia on average still seems to be more exciting than Monaco. Having said that, it would be great if F1 management moved the Russian GP to some other venue, such as Moscow Raceway.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    People moan when drivers do all but the same strategy (i.e pitting one lap later) and people moan when drivers do different things.

If it was a team decision then so be it. Maybe Vettel was just plain faster if he pitted first or second. Either way it was perfect for Ferrari
    Kimi is doing excellently in a very good car at the twilight of his carreer, in fact he has exceeded my expectations. But on the whole Vettel is faster than Kimi over the course of a whole GP (which is no disgrace), and it showed in Monaco. If Ferrari wanted to feature Kimi they could have left him out and pitted when the U.S. really had gone off, which would complicate their strategy, and risk the !,2. but make no mistake Vettel is their man, and that strategy played perfectly into a 1,2 finish.
    Last edited by Tazio; 30th May 2017 at 00:53.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Kimi is doing excellently in a very good car at the twilight of his carreer, in fact he has exceeded my expectations. But on the whole Vettel is faster than Kimi over the course of a whole GP (which is no disgrace), and it showed in Monaco. If Ferrari wanted to feature Kimi they could have left him out passed when the U.S. went off, which would complicate their strategy, and risk the !,2. but make no mistake Vettel is their man, and that strategy played perfectly into a 1,2 finish.

Hard to add much to that. Kimi still has at times great speed in qually, but Seb usually reels him in easily over the course of a race. With Ferrari having a long history of favoring one driver, it was doubtful they would even set Kimi up for the more favorable strategy either way. And if they did, most likely he would hold Seb up, or be passed by him. I've been a fan of Kimi's since he came into F1, but thinking he is quicker than Seb these days is only occasionally true IMO.

As for Monaco being boring, I've thought that for years in regards to racing action. It's still a fun race to watch, but most of the passing (if there is any) is in the pits, or with a grossly superior car and/or driver that made qually mistakes or had the car break. I'd love to see a track with sections similar to Monaco that don't allow error, but one that also had real passing opportunities at at least a few parts of the track.