Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Linda Jackson‏

Pleased with the performance @rallydeportugal, guys! Keep working hard, I know I can count on you to do even better in Sardinia #WRC
    'Even better?'

The bar has clearly been set very low.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I like Kris especially as I'm from Northern Ireland however I agree with this....

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Same old, same old. He's either a pace setter or a car wrecker, the latter more often, has been like that his Citroën career and it will continue to be.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Question to you guys: If Meeke's current contract would have been a 2+1, would you exercise the extra year for 2018?

I'm not sure I would. He wins a rally now and then, but the results inbetween aren't good enough for the manufacturers title. Maybe it's Meeke that Mikkelsen should replace, instead of Lefebvre (with another youngster replacing him).

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017),theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I would certainly not have Meeke as 1st driver. As a "second" out of 3 competitive drivers he would have less pressure and maybe even get more consistent.... or want to beat the first driver at all costs and crash even more, then again crashing even more is not really possible atm.

To be fair to Lefebvre most of last year he was pretty much exactly as fast as Breen. This year nothing works for him. He could clearly use some break/re-set, for example in R5. Problem is that PSA doesn't have an R5 that is allround competetive vs Fabia/Fiesta.

7. Likes: BigWorm (22nd May 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017),theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017),TWRC (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It's just him. He has been like that since... forever.

- starting bad doesn't certainly help
    - the car had setup issues in Sweden
    - Matton doesn't help either, when he actually encourages him to just go for rally wins.

But yeah he crashed 6 times in 6 rallies. (In mexico it didn't cost anything in the end, but could have been huge crash. Twice in Argentina, so only Corsica without crash). The body language in Portugal was terrible since before stage 1, after the crash he was downright pissed all the time. Sure if it was 2-3 stages, but this was basically whole 2 days, not very professional.

I really don't get how can Citroen bosses (above Matton) put up with this. Their main driver crashes all the time and is pissed. Their french driver has now been slowest WRC in basically every single stage.. and also crashed in every single rally with C3.

Some change in that team is needed. If not driver change then certainly attitude/strategy/preparation.

EDIT: And no C3 seems just fine. Maybe not as fast as Hyundai but at least on level with Toyota. Only by looking at Breen's times.
    Excellent breakdown...and I do have to agree with the concerns in attitude. I think it's bleeding into all the other issues. He'll never get his confidence back as long as he's jaded. And without confidence all his other decisions (i.e. unnecessarily pushing too hard) will be compromised. The car itself is a whole other issue, imo.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    'Even better?'

The bar has clearly been set very low.
    ...ouch, lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    I would certainly not have Meeke as 1st driver. As a "second" out of 3 competitive drivers he would have less pressure and maybe even get more consistent.... or want to beat the first driver at all costs and crash even more, then again crashing even more is not really possible atm.

To be fair to Lefebvre most of last year he was pretty much exactly as fast as Breen. This year nothing works for him. He could clearly use some break/re-set, for example in R5. Problem is that PSA doesn't have an R5 that is allround competetive vs Fabia/Fiesta.
    Maybe the new Corsa R5?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

- Matton doesn't help either, when he actually encourages him to just go for rally wins.

But yeah he crashed 6 times in 6 rallies. (In mexico it didn't cost anything in the end, but could have been huge crash. Twice in Argentina, so only Corsica without crash). The body language in Portugal was terrible since before stage 1, after the crash he was downright pissed all the time. Sure if it was 2-3 stages, but this was basically whole 2 days, not very professional.

I really don't get how can Citroen bosses (above Matton) put up with this. Their main driver crashes all the time and is pissed. Their french driver has now been slowest WRC in basically every single stage.. and also crashed in every single rally with C3.

Some change in that team is needed. If not driver change then certainly attitude/strategy/preparation.

EDIT: And no C3 seems just fine. Maybe not as fast as Hyundai but at least on level with Toyota. Only by looking at Breen's times.
    Citroen now reminds me of Mitsubishi back in the day; entire team built around one driver. Driver leaves, everything falls apart.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    recent performances ?? whats different from his previous ones ??

lol

13. Likes: cali (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts

Are you f***king serious? C3 has a major inherint problem... its designed by touring car engineers. Breen is happy with 5th's... If Meeke was finishing 5th in every rally everyone would be disappionted.

#1 Monte - Car setup too low - team admits they didnt test in conditions like the rally, car too low, car running on sump guard every cut.
    #2 Sweden - transmission errors on all cars
    #3 Mexico - Win
    #4 Corsica - The C3 'touring car' was leading.. and broke
    #5 Agentina - The touring car dampers put him off the road
    #6 Portugal - Mistake by Meeke. Day 1 Meeke leading the small mistake, both Citroen with seconds of lead. Day 2 surface change.. both cars lose over 1m30 to Ogier.

The best thing to happen is Mikkelson in the car... now we will begin to see where the car really is. Mikkelson and Meeke in Finland will be a good gauge.. hopefully by then Mikkelson will have 2/3 event in the car.
    Last edited by wrc2017; 23rd May 2017 at 12:39.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd May 2017),er88 (23rd May 2017)