Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    On a 30 min stage... if you think you can throttle back 1 percent...is 18seconds..2 percent is 36s...
    So what? Ogier is doing exactly this when not comfortable with the car, which has been the most rallys '17. The only full attack mode I think was in Portugal, and boy he did.
    BTW 30 min. stages are rare in the season, but You must make sure to finish those.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    So what? Ogier is doing exactly this when not comfortable with the car, which has been the most rallys '17. The only full attack mode I think was in Portugal, and boy he did.
    BTW 30 min. stages are rare in the season, but You must make sure to finish those.
    so in full attack mode ogier is still slower than tanak....

I'm counting 5*5 1st & 2nd for Ogier, only 3*1 1st & 2nd for Tanak, that's enough math for me.

But this thread is for Meeke anyway.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Amazing how some keyboards warriors seem to have all the answers, but couldnt get within 10s per km of any of these top guys..
    Chill out mate. Nobody disrespected Meeke, so there’s no need to start using that kind of immature and insulting arguments.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Chill out mate. Nobody disrespected Meeke, so there’s no need to start using that kind of immature and insulting arguments.
    No argument. Just tell me what part of my statement was wrong.

Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Amazing how some keyboards warriors seem to have all the answers, but couldnt get within 10s per km of any of these top guys.. and have no appreciation what its like to drive a 30km stage to within tenths of a second of each other. On a 30 min stage... if you think you can throttle back 1 percent...is 18seconds..2 percent is 36s... thats how tight it is. Its a total sprint. Come off 1% or your not comfortable with your car.... your an also ran. these guys have bigger balls than you could ever dream off.
    i can respect your opinion on this matter....we are all entitled to our views...sometimes we agree, and other times not so much
    however, i don't think its nothing personal against Meeke, as many seem to generally like the guy (he seems like an easy going kind of person who is very passionate about rally...and he's definitely fast... consistency is questionable). We are not supposed to get within 10s per km of him, that's not our job, but its certainly part of his with regards to his competition. After all, that why he's a professional rally driver and many of us are not, we are more a forum of people who enjoy rallying (granted some members seem to have driven at various levels). Its not solely about the level of his bravery behind the wheel, but also his ability to evaluate the situation and come up with some reasonable plan of action as required. The latter is what is in question at the moment and causing all the stir. As i mentioned before, 8 crashes in 7 rallies is not good regardless of how you look at it---even as a Meeke fan

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Although meeke is quite crash prone there have been a few incidents this year that may have been his fault they may have been the cars. We will never know. But i reckon its a combination of meeke and the car in most cases. Going on the comments of breen/mikkleson the car can be great on one stage terrible on the next. So if in a rally meeke has done say 3 stages and is feeling comfortable and relaxed in the car. Then all of a sudden these handling issues arise in the 4th stage totally unexpected to u. What do u do. Some would back of and some like meeke would try to drive through it. For me its to close of a margin to blame either the car or the driver. But the outcome has been the same to often unfortunatly

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Although meeke is quite crash prone there have been a few incidents this year that may have been his fault they may have been the cars. We will never know. But i reckon its a combination of meeke and the car in most cases. Going on the comments of breen/mikkleson the car can be great on one stage terrible on the next. So if in a rally meeke has done say 3 stages and is feeling comfortable and relaxed in the car. Then all of a sudden these handling issues arise in the 4th stage totally unexpected to u. What do u do. Some would back of and some like meeke would try to drive through it. For me its to close of a margin to blame either the car or the driver. But the outcome has been the same to often unfortunatly
    This is pretty much how I see it.
    I read an article from a Belfast newspaper that states Meeke is "not unhappy" about being dropped for Poland. It also says when asked why he hasn't dialled it back and driven within the cars limits, he has been told to go out and win rallies, so that is exactly what he has been trying to do.

try 1 time, try 2 times, try more times, the result is always the same. You can't win rallies like this.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 16th June 2017 at 22:58.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    try 1 time, try 2 times, try more times, the result is always the same. You can't win rallies like this.
    mexico, corsica, leading every rally since?