Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Kris is a wonderful boy who throws excitement in every race so we need such boys. Some days are good and some not so good, but without Kris some of the excitement will disappear in the top.

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (12th June 2017)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Read the post once again smart Ford spamer.
    This is a Kris Meeke discussion. No-one mentioned Ford.

And the fact is you're the anti-Ford spammer. That's all you ever do here.
    #M-SPORTER

4. Likes: AndyRAC (27th May 2017),janvanvurpa (13th June 2017)
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Ok, NRF is ground zero for Kris.He either does well and keeps his seat and career alive or he does badly (~crashes) and we only see him driving Colin's old cars at Rallyshows from then on.No in between.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    what you expect from him in finland.
    Is 5th ok? Because it seems to be enough for Citroen right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Ok, NRF is ground zero for Kris.He either does well and keeps his seat and career alive or he does badly (~crashes) and we only see him driving Colin's old cars at Rallyshows from then on.No in between.

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Depending on how things go, I think a clean 5th place would be good.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Noted. Given he dominated it last year, it would then be a good indication of where the team is with the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Depending on how things go, I think a clean 5th place would be good.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    There are far too many trees in Finland to hit, he should focus on bringing it home, than throwing everything for a win, which wouldn't matter anyway.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

10. Likes: macebig (12th June 2017),steve.mandzij (12th June 2017)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Perhaps Matton could find an old DS3 or an R5 in the shed for Meeke to do a regional rally or two with?

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (13th June 2017),Sulland (12th June 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Suddenly he's the man from Dundriving!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

14. Likes: abxyz (13th June 2017),Grundo Farb (14th June 2017)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    First off, i'd say i really like his style and the passion he brings to rallying. I am a fan of his. There is no doubt he is a fast driver; never a dull moment for sure. For me his personality adds something to WRC. I've really tried to not comment on Kris for the last few events as i preferred to see how things would play out before trying to make any kind of assessment. I've read the comments on here and via the media and i kind of see the different angles and views persons have taken.

With all that said, and personally preferring to see Kris in the WRC at the highest level, i really can't be upset with Matton about giving him a break. Now let's be real, he's a rally driver, that's his profession!! and he's done an awful job of it this year so far---what is it, 8 crashes in 7 rallies? He's cost the team a lot of money in repairs and man hours, which even if you had the budget for, it's still money that is being wasted ---this money could be reallocated to developing the car over the year, getting personnel to improve the car, etc.

For the average person, the bottom line is, if you don't do your job, then there are consequences --- reprimand, temporary lay-off, fired,...so Kris should be subject to the same. Who wants an employee that is not pulling their weight/under-performing constantly? Something must be done different to try to elicit a different outcome at some point.

As a public, we are not privy to every detail concerning the car's testing/development last year, but Kris seemed to be heavily involved in the testing and some have indicated the car was built around his driving style...so if this is potentially the case, and he did seem happy about it last year, why then all of a sudden the car is now "crap". It is obvious the car has issues, but somehow it can't be total crap if it has won a WRC rally and stages. Again, the car needs work as some have pointed to suspension, geometry, etc.

I think it would be wise to use Andreas, as well as draw on the vast experience of Carlos, Loeb (if at all possible, as he has won them countless titles and developed winning cars before) Gronholm, Mikko, Sarrazin and other such quality developmental drivers and engineers to highlight the main issues and try to rectify them---in my opinion such persons should have been asked from the very beginning, but that's another story. Well now, maybe the team can see 2017 as a testing and development year. Pointing fingers at each other is certainly not going to fix the problems. I'm optimistic that the car can be fixed and be an effective weapon in WRC with good drivers behind the wheel.

Another concern i had with Kris was what seemed like his inability to dial it back a notch and bring the car home safely for points after a rough few events, a trait exhibited by the WDCs Ogier this year and Loeb in the past. Even in the car's current state, i suspect Kris is of a high enough caliber to maybe land in the top 5 on most events on a lesser pace, especially given the kind of attrition that occurs in some rallies. If he did that, may be he and his team would still haul some decent points in both championships.

16. Likes: Rally Power (13th June 2017),TWRC (14th June 2017)