Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    I disagree with the idea that the C3 is a "touring car" built by "touring car engineers". This team built the Xsara, C4 and DS3, I doubt they forgot how to build a rally car in the space of a few years. Not to mention a lot of emphasis was put on their break year and how Meeke was leading the development of the car. So any excuses on this front are weak.

To me it seems that Meeke is in a similar way to Petter Solberg, he can drive fast but doesn't have the best mental attitude. Intentional or not, if he's not fastest he pushes and takes risks and usually it ends in tears. ALL of Meeke's wins have come in favorable road order conditions.

With this approach he will never be world champion because there are enough drivers who are at least as fast, even excluding Ogier, who can put pressure on him and with his attitude he will throw away a lot of points. One of the reasons Ogier won 4 titles was that he accepted when he can't win and even if he was pushing he wasn't going over the limit and accepted a podium. I like the guy but now I kind of doubt he will be WDC. Better chances have Neuville, Tanak or even Latvala.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th June 2017)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Maybe Meeke just need a bit different approach from the team boss? Latvala has been quite similar to Meeke, either winning it, binning it or hopelessly somewhere in the mid-field. I still remember the comment Latvala gave after winning in Sweden, where he said that Mäkinen just told him to go and drive. And not to think about anything else.

Latvala has had a pretty consistent season this year. Okay, he is 40 points off Ogier. But he has had only one bad rally point-wise. Latvala is known for his fragility, so something big must have changed since leaving VW.

Over pushing comes from the head of the driver.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    so something big must have changed since leaving VW.
    He told us himself: Ogier is not in the same team anymore, so he can concentrate on driving his style and not trying to copy Ogier's.
    Viola ad oltranza...

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quite "Franky" I don't understand what Latvala has to do with this discussion. If it helps you alleviate the pain, than OK, otherwise lets keep on focus please.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Quite "Franky" I don't understand what Latvala has to do with this discussion. If it helps you alleviate the pain, than OK, otherwise lets keep on focus please.
    Franky is saying Meeke's mentality can be compared to Latvala's, is that so hard for you to understand ...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I don't think Meeke's problem is mental. I think it's more his drive that leads to errors more easily

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Franky is saying Meeke's mentality can be compared to Latvala's, is that so hard for you to understand ...
    Read the post once again smart Ford spamer.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Read the post once again smart Ford spamer.
    Read my post again. The first two sentences. If you then still don't understand, I can't help you.

Also please change your attitude.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (27th May 2017)
    Liked 49 Times in 22 Posts
    People need to stop quoting that jparker guy, he's clearly an imbecile.

12. Likes: AL14 (28th May 2017),AndyRAC (27th May 2017),cali (27th May 2017),janvanvurpa (13th June 2017),Myrvold (29th May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Read my post again. The first two sentences. If you then still don't understand, I can't help you.

Also please change your attitude.
    Your post is full of hate against Latvala MF, don't give me your bul**** now