Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thoughts on Kris Meeke's Recent Performances?

Having a few offs in his recent performances, it's clear Meeke's not at 100%...thoughts? Confidence? Car? Both? None of the above?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theImpossibleJ; 22nd May 2017 at 19:24.

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    I think he is overpushing.The C3 isn't there, so he is trying to compensate that by taking risks.And we know that there are so many risks you can get away.Probably it goes back to Colin's passing.If McRae was still here, Meeke would have someone to advice and calm him down when needed.Without his mentor, Kris is driving by instinct.He needs to relax and drive into his safe rythm.Go safely and bring the car home, no matter the place.

3. Likes: theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Same old, same old. He's either a pace setter or a car wrecker, the latter more often, has been like that his Citroën career and it will continue to be.
    Last edited by BigWorm; 22nd May 2017 at 19:46.

5. Likes: sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017),theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Unacceptable, really. I love the guy, and he's undoubtedly quick, but he's crashed in every rally of the year sans Corsica. He has no reason to push so hard anymore. The championship is lost.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Likes: theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Probably lot can be dig from his word in Sweden - "I can't drive this ****". It can be also his problem not to bring the car he wants. Though it seemed quite good last year's tests?!? I don't really know, we can only guess.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

9. Likes: theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    It's just him. He has been like that since... forever.

- starting bad doesn't certainly help
    - the car had setup issues in Sweden
    - Matton doesn't help either, when he actually encourages him to just go for rally wins.

But yeah he crashed 6 times in 6 rallies. (In mexico it didn't cost anything in the end, but could have been huge crash. Twice in Argentina, so only Corsica without crash). The body language in Portugal was terrible since before stage 1, after the crash he was downright pissed all the time. Sure if it was 2-3 stages, but this was basically whole 2 days, not very professional.

I really don't get how can Citroen bosses (above Matton) put up with this. Their main driver crashes all the time and is pissed. Their french driver has now been slowest WRC in basically every single stage.. and also crashed in every single rally with C3.

Some change in that team is needed. If not driver change then certainly attitude/strategy/preparation.

EDIT: And no C3 seems just fine. Maybe not as fast as Hyundai but at least on level with Toyota. Only by looking at Breen's times.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017),theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017),WRC1 (22nd May 2017),WUff1 (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

- Matton doesn't help either, when he actually encourages him to just go for rally wins.

But yeah he crashed 6 times in 6 rallies. (In mexico it didn't cost anything in the end, but could have been huge crash. Twice in Argentina, so only Corsica without crash). The body language in Portugal was terrible since before stage 1, after the crash he was downright pissed all the time. Sure if it was 2-3 stages, but this was basically whole 2 days, not very professional.

I really don't get how can Citroen bosses (above Matton) put up with this. Their main driver crashes all the time and is pissed. Their french driver has now been slowest WRC in basically every single stage.. and also crashed in every single rally with C3.

Some change in that team is needed. If not driver change then certainly attitude/strategy/preparation.

EDIT: And no C3 seems just fine. Maybe not as fast as Hyundai but at least on level with Toyota. Only by looking at Breen's times.
    Maybe they put Al Qassimi in a C3 so as to give Lefebvre a break as the worst WRC

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Just what I wanted to say, I mean, Meeke & Lefebvre clearly have a problem with the car, if you look at Breen back on Friday he was quite happy with the car, he even set some fast times, they really need to get their head straight & their cars sorted or they will find themselves without anything to drive come the end of 2018.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

14. Likes: theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 1,829 Times in 707 Posts
    I think the Sweden setup problem was a fluke, it's the usual problem that if he's not first he pushes too much and takes too much risks and goes off. If it is indeed the car it's kind of sad since he developed it.
    Last edited by seb_sh; 22nd May 2017 at 20:32.

16. Likes: theImpossibleJ (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Linda Jackson‏

Pleased with the performance @rallydeportugal, guys! Keep working hard, I know I can count on you to do even better in Sardinia #WRC